--- Current Events ---
View current listed events below. Others? Let us know! The State-wide Calendar of Events for Oregon is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by our volunteer staff. Got info? Post it on the Bulletin Board. Or e-Mail us. and Spread the Word! Download, Print Off and Pass It All Around. Click here for WORD (*.doc) vers, here for Adobe (*.pdf).
in Oregon state and NorthWest, and beyond – 2013
see below for details
CONTACT YOUR OREGON STATE REPs!
Please Help Allow Medical Cannabis for PTSD for Veterans, Police, Firefighters and Other American Citizens
There are 30+ Bills concerning Cannabis (marijuana) in the Oregon State Legislature this session, Time for all good NORML people to come to the aid of their cause and Approach this session as a Lobbyist and an organizer, as well as a voter. Keep lists of names, make new friends, meet new groups. We'll need them to bring pressure on now and in the future.
So what we're asking everyone to do is:
-1- first, Contact your Oregon State Representative and get them to Vote YES on the PTSD bill (S.B.281), Visit our PTSD action center Today!, And tell everybody you know about it. Then tell everybody you don't know. Yet. At the same time, urge a YES vote for the other Cannabis Law Reform Bills in the House -
HB3460 -- Directs Oregon Health Authority to establish registration system for medical marijuana facilities for transferring usable marijuana from registry identification cardholders, designated primary caregivers of registry identification cardholders or marijuana grow sites to medical marijuana facilities and from medical marijuana facilities to registry identification cardholders or designated primary caregivers of registry identification cardholders. Visit - http://mercycenters.org/legis/2013/HB3460.html
HB3371 -- Relating to the Control, Regulation and Taxation of Cannabis; Provides for regulation of production, processing and sale of marijuana and marijuana-infused products. Visit - http://mercycenters.org/legis/2013/HB3371.html
-2- then, Contact your Oregon State Senator and (a) urge a YES vote on SB 794 plus, (b) prep them for the Cannabis Law Reform bills expected to come from the House. SB794 will add Reciprocity and delete Requirement to designate a Grower/Grow Site if you don't have one. For list of bills, talking points, and all the details, Visit - mercycenters.org/legis/2013/
Get back to us with names so we can get the bill and supporting documentation to them to enable them to sign on as co-sponsors and otherwise co-ordinate with our Lobbyist resources.
Plus, don’t forget to act upon Federal bills currently in play in U.S. Congress, visit - http://w-v-norml.org/legis/ - and spread the word!
------- Events & Activities -------
Join Tristone and West Coast Master Dru West, every Monday night in "The Canna Coop" on 88.9 FM KPOV across the Central Oregon High Desert and streaming at www.kpov.org. Lobbyist for Compassionate Oregon, Anthony Taylor, joins us around 8:20 every Monday for the latest news from Salem on the many cannabis related bills working their way through the legislature. Dean Becker brings us the 420 Drug War News, and The Master himself, Dru West, will answer all you grow questions and share growing advice for our medical patients seeking knowledge. Oh, dont forget lots of Reggae Music from around the world along with our famous worldwide PTK break at 9 PM on the West Coast . If you miss the show live,an archived verson is also available on The Coops site at kpov.org * Enjoy!
* Every Wednesday (except Holidays), Next is May 22nd * 7:00pm to 9:00pm * Want to get your Card? Need Medicine Now? Welcome to The Club! The Mercy Club, a Public Meet-Up and our MERCY Weekly TV show hosted by MERCY at 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR, 97301. * For more info, call MERCY at: 503.363-4588 –or- visit: http://mercycenters.org/Club.html
* Friday, May 24th * 7:00pm to 7:30pm * Friday Nite Live Call-In TV Show organized by MERCY-TV at CCTV in Salem, at Capital Community Television, 575 Trade St SE, Salem, Oregon, 97301 – Weekly Filming and Show. Usually (!) every Friday, excepting holidays, etc. * When happening, we start setting up at 6:30PM * call: 503.363-4588 or visit - http://mercycenters.org/tv/ - for more.
C’mon Down! MERCY-Live happens, (most!) every Friday at 7pm, on Cable Channel 23 and this is a great opportunity for folks to talk about their action and legislative items to folks in the Salem metro area. Please contact Perry at MERCY to arrange to come on down to the CCTV station in Salem and pitch your thing. Or, in the Salem area, just call 503-588-6444 between 7 – 7:30 PM and let everybody know that way.
* Saturday, May 25th, 2pm – 4pm * Willamette Valley NORML Public meeting will be at 1601C Oak St., Eugene, OR, 97401 * W-V-NORML Public Meeting normally held 4th Saturdays (excepting Holidays, then 3rd Sat.) * For more info on Meeting Agenda, et al, call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit: http://w-v-norml.org/meeting.html
* Every Monday (usually), next is May 27th * 7:30PM – 10PM * Eugene’s Cannabis T.V. Show filming in Eugene, at: Community TV 29 Studio behind Sheldon High School * If you're interested in helping produce a weekly half-hour cable access TV show in the Studios of Community Television 29 in Eugene, Oregon educating the public on Cannabis issues come on by. * Contact Dan Koozer, Producer – ECTV at 541.517-0957 or visit: http://w-v-norml.org
* Friday, May 31st, at 7:30 pm * MERCY Monthly TV is filmed the last Friday of the month starting at 7:30pm at CCTV in Salem. Consider utilizing MERCY-TV Monthly, our Weekly Meetings broadcasts and/or our Friday Nite Live shows to get your message out in the Salem-metro area and beyond. MERCY Weekly TV is filmed at the Weekly meeting on Wed., 7pm at the MERCY Club in Salem. Catch MERCY-TV in the Salem area – one of several shows available - on Cable Channel 23, TUE @ 10:30 pm, THU @ 2 pm, FRI @ 11:30 am -or- SAT @ 8:30 pm. Many Thanks to CCtv and volunteers Shana and PeKe. Visit - http://mercycenters.org/tv/ - for more.
* June 1st, 2013 * MERCYs Annual Wake-n-Bake (WaB) * to be held at an Invite-only location near Vernonia, OR * We have a new spot for our WaB. Expect the usual - Communing Friday evening, a Green pancake breakfast Saturday morning (8am – 10am-ish) and Net+working til at least 1pm, Monday. * Bring gloves – in case a Work Party breaks out!, all other work-related resources will be provided. * To get invite / directions or, for more on MERCY, call: 503.363-4588 * for more info on the WaB, visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/Wake_n_Bake.htm
* Monday, June 3rd - at 7pm * and every 1st Monday of the month * Public Meet Up of Sweet.Net, a Medical Cannabis Resource NetWork for Patients as well as CardHolders-to-be In Sweet Home (OR). * Call 503.363-4588 –or- visit:
* June 4th, 2 PM - Every 1st Tuesday of the month, Beginning Growing
Class...for those that have an interest in learning how to grow Medical
Marijuana. No knowledge needed. SO-NORML
Resource Center, 332 W. 6th St., Medford, OR.
For info, visit www.so-norml.org or call 541-779-1448.
* June 4th, 6 to 7:30 pm - Every 1st Tuesday of the month * “Intro to OMMA – the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act” offers a practical explanation of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act, our rights & responsibilities, and how to apply for a card. This FREE class is held every first Tuesday of the month, from 6 to 7:30 pm. The CAN! Education Program not only benefits patients, caregivers, and growers, but is also intended for family members, businesses, health professionals, nonprofits, and those who interact with or serve the needs of Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cardholders. Pre-registration is not required, but encouraged. CAN! Research, Education & Consulting innovates and implements phytocannabinoid research, teaches, and consults businesses and individuals on a broad range of Cannabis-related topics. CAN! Research is located in beautiful Downtown Corvallis, Oregon at 551 SW 4th Street. Contact: Todd Dalotto, CAN! Research Education & Consulting - (541) 752-9053 - CanResearch.net
* Thursday, June 13th at 7 PM * Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse (MAMA) will be hosting a free public presentation entitled "The Science of Medical Marijuana" at the Jackson County Library - Brooks Room, 205 South Central Avenue, Medford * Topics include: the body's natural cannabis signaling, chemicals in the plant, synthetic medicines, conditions which can be treated, side effects, methods of delivery (tinctures, vaporizer, salves, etc.), and plant varieties. Wayne Haythorn is a member of the American Statistical Association with over 30 years experience in scientific and technical presentation. * For more information call 541-298-4202 or see www.mamas.org
* June 14, 2013 * 10:00 am to 2:30 pm * Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) / Quarterly (OMMP) Meeting. * location: Jackson County Library (Large Conference Room), 205 South Central Avenue in Medford, OR * These are public meetings, so all are welcome to attend. We will confirm with Mercy Center if they’re available to provide live-streaming video. * There will be a Public comment period from 2 - 2:30 - for all who sign-up to address the ACMM and OMMP staff directly. * The Quarterly Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) is hosted by the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) – click here > http://mercycenters.org/events/Meet_OMMP.htm < for more info. * Also, you can Contact the Program at 971.673-1234 or visit the OMMP Meetings website: here <<
* (every Third) Saturday June 15, 2013 * 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm * Emerald Empire HempFest Volunteer Meetings. This event used to repeat every month on the third Saturday at: 4:20pm, Location: Maurie Jacobs Park (on the concrete slab, near the bathrooms) Bring a chair or two with you please. * Contact: Dan Koozer, Emerald Empire HempFest, Voice Phone Number (541) 517-0957, FAX Number - (888) 420-1819 * Email Address email@example.com * Website URL – www.EmeraldEmpireHempfest.com
* Every third Tuesday of the month (except Holidays), Next is June 18th * “Cannabis Horticulture Q & A” is an opportunity to ask questions, stimulate discussion, or just listen to the fascinating subject of the horticultural science of Cannabis sp., with a special focus on the cultivation of medicinal cannabis. The class costs only $10 and is held every third Tuesday of the month, from 6 to 7:30 pm. The CAN! Education Program not only benefits patients, caregivers, and growers, but is also intended for family members, businesses, health professionals, nonprofits, and those who interact with or serve the needs of Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cardholders. Pre-registration is not required, but encouraged. CAN! Research, Education & Consulting innovates and implements phytocannabinoid research, teaches, and consults businesses and individuals on a broad range of Cannabis-related topics. CAN! Research is located in beautiful Downtown Corvallis, Oregon at 551 SW 4th Street. Contact: Todd Dalotto, CAN! Research Education & Consulting - (541) 752-9053 - CanResearch.net
* July 19 - 21, 2013 * Fri - Sun * The Emerald Empire Hempfest will be, as usual, on the third week-end in July (the w/e after the Oregon Country Fair) It happens this year on Friday: High Noon - 10:00p, Saturday: 10 AM - 10:00p, Sunday: 10 AM - 10 PM in Eugene at Maurie Jacobs Park, 301 N Adams St, Eugene, OR, 97402 (navigational devices use the address 130 Fir Lane –or- 400 N Polk St), across from the Valley River shopping center at the end of the footbridge over the Willamette River. As always FREE TO THE PUBLIC / ALL AGES WELCOME in order to educate the general public about the plant Cannabis (HEMP). For more CONTACT: Dan Koozer at 541-517-0957 * FAX: 888-420-1755 * or Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org * Website URL www.EmeraldEmpireHempfest.com
* July 28, 2013 * Sun., 3pm * The MERCiful Ultimate Louisiana Party (MULP), a Fundraising Event featuring Henry Turner Jr (HTJR) and The Bobbi Lynn Band * at Bear Creek Saloon, 40598 Cole School Rd, Scio, Oregon, 97374 * For more on MERCY, call: 503.363-4588 * for more on Scio's Bear Creek Saloon (BCS), to Discover Events, Shows > more Scio Venues > visit Zvents - www.zvents.com/scio_or/venues/show/9557225-bear-creek-saloon *
* Fri. - Sat. - Sun., August 16 – 17 – 18, (third weekend in Aug.) 2013 * Seattle HempFest in Seattle, on Friday from 12 noon to 8 pm, and on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 8. Admission is still FREE, and at Elliot Bay, Myrtle Edwards Pier 70, and Olympic Sculpture Parks - 3130 Alaska Way W., Seattle, WA * Hempfest is a work-party. They want you to come to relax and enjoy their event, but they also want you to learn. When people learn the facts about Cannabis they inevitably come to our side. They want to offer the latest educational resources to help you learn about domestic production of industrial hemp, medical marijuana, pot law, and even addiction and abuse. They want to contribute to you being as informed, educated and prepared as you can be to participate in our culture and movement. Take this year's program guide home with you and study it. The brightest minds they can find have contributed to their program this year. It is a user's manual so please use it. Find more information at: http://www.hempfest.org
* August 23 - 24, 2013 * Fri & Sat, 9pm - 1 pm * Music Event featuring Henry Turner Jr (HTJR) * at Papa G's Blacklight Lounge, 610 Marion Street, Salem, Oregon, 97301 * For more info on the Bobbi Lynn Band, HTJR and ULP 2013 Tour, see below -or- visit: http://bobbilynnband.com/bobbilynn_bookings.htm
The band HTJR consists of Mr. Henry Turner, Jr. on vocals and guitar, veteran R&B drummer Ronnie Houston and Matt Burns on bass. Guest soloists, background vocalists, bands and additional musicians will be added along the way. For more information visit: http://www.henryturnerjr.com/ -or- www.hitcitylouisiana.info -or- www.wix.com/ultimatelouisianapar/ty for more on Henry Turner, Jr. & Flavor, Hit City Digital Records and the 2013 Ultimate Louisiana Party(ULP s) and Tour dates in general. * Read more, visit: http://ultimatelouisianapar.wix.com/ty#!
* August 23 - 25 * 10:00AM * Friday, Saturday, Sunday * 2013 Jefferson State Music Festival and Hemp Expo * nr. Takilma, OR Location: 3833 Holland Loop Road, Cave Junction, OR 97523 * Jefferson State Music Festival and Hemp Expo is founded on the belief that through awareness, education, and the cooperation and coordination of citizens and public officials, many complex social issues can be mitigated. Objective and Purpose: To host a world class music event that provides outlets for cannabis advocates to educate the public on the many potential benefits and uses of the cannabis plant. This includes religious, medicinal, industrial, agricultural, economic, environmental, and other practical applications. Visit - - for more.
* Sat.- Sun., August 24th – 25th, 2013 (4th week-end in August) * Olympia Hempfest is held at Heritage Park, 5th Ave. and Water St. NW, Olympia, Washington on the fourth weekend of August and last year happened; from 11AM – 8PM on Sat. & from 11AM – 6PM on SUN. Admission is FREE, tho they suggest a $5 donation. Heritage Park is a 24-acre state-owned property adjacent to Capitol Lake and downtown Olympia, WA. It is the northern extension of the Washington state capitol campus. Olympia Hempfest was founded in 2003 as a gathering of 500 people on the original Washington state capitol campus in downtown Olympia and has grown into one of the major Olympia events in just under its fourth year, with a annual theme of “Helping” each year Oly Hempfest strives to break down the barriers and remind people about our heritage and our responsibility to be active citizens. Find more information at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olympia-Hempfest/149429311748592
* August 31 & September 01, 2013 * Port Astordam Hempfest will take place Labor Day weekend on the days of August 31 & September 01, 2013 at the Clatsop County Fairgrounds in Astoria, Oregon. Port Astordam is still currently in need of the following: Volunteers, Vendors, Performers, Guest Speakers. If you would like to help with any aspect of the event, please head over to the web site and let us know. >> www.portastordam.org
* Saturday, September 7th, 10AM to 10PM – Sunday, September 8th, 10AM to 7PM - 2013 * HempStalk will probably happen in Portland, Oregon. * at Kelley Point Park, N. Marine Dr. and Lombard St. * The reason marijuana is illegal has very little to do with drugs, and is really about money and the continued centralization of economic and political control. Hemp seed oil is biodiesel and is three times more productive than any other seed oil crop, and hemp seed oil will run any diesel engine today with no modification. Hemp oil is the reason the petrochemical industry made up the "reefer madness" myth. They renamed hemp, using racist propaganda, calling it marijuana, and lied to make it illegal. There is a truth that must be heard! That's what the Hempstalk Festival is all about. To find out more about HempStalk, visit: http://hempstalk.org/ *
------- more Future Events -------
* THE SILVER TOUR of TEMPLES AND SYNAGOGUES; Dr. Leveque goes on senior tour for the OMMP | Salem-News.com (MOLALLA, Ore.) - FOR CANNABIS FOR GRANDMA (Kaneh Bosum in Hebrew) Dr. Phillip Leveque announces he will be a part of the screening of Robert Platshorn's new film, 'Should Grandma Smoke Pot?' at senior centers, churches and synagogues across Oregon in support of the OMMP. Watch "Should Grandma Smoke Pot? Final Cut" on YouTube >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVwqdNJlpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player * Medical Marijuana Seminars: with Dr. Phillip Leveque. Dr Leveque is available to speak at your event/seminar in support of Oregon's Medical Marijuana Program, “How Cannabis (Marijuana) is GOOD FOR ARTHRITIS, plus!” or other subjects relative to your situation. Call Dr. Phil “Marijuana” Leveque for seminars: (503) 775-5347, Got a question or comment for Dr. Leveque? Email him: Newsroom@Salem-News.com * Learn more >> http://www.salem-news.com/articles/september162012/silver-tour-leveque_pl.php
* TBA (when school in session!), next are scheduled for TBA * Students for a Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP) meets on the University of Oregon campus, Eugene. Contact: Alex?, UO SSDP chapter President, at - 503-?, or by emailing - ?
* Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 (21 days before election) * until 5pm * Voter Registration Deadline in Oregon. Call the toll-free voter information line at 1-866-ORE-VOTE (1-866-673-8683). The voter information line is available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, se habla Espanol. TTY services for the hearing impaired are available at 1-866-350-0596. “Am I Registered to Vote?” Check Your Voter Registration On-Line! Visit - https://secure.sos.state.or.us/eim/vr/showVoterSearch.do to find out if you’re registered to vote. Voters may also call their county elections office to confirm their registration.
To receive a ballot this fall, voters must be registered no later than Oct. 15th. Voters should also re-register if their residence has changed, if their mailing address has changed, if their name has changed or if their signature has changed. The signature on a voter registration card is used to validate their mail-in ballots. Additional voting resources are also available online at the Elections Division website; visit: www.sos.state.or.us/elections/elechp.htm. Then * first Tuesday, November 5th 2013 General Election this year * til the Polls close * Vote! in Oregon. Read the Voting in Oregon Guide www.uhavavote.org/votingguide/index.html. Get to the link and others by visiting: www.oregonvotes.org/elec101.htm
* October 23 - 26, 2013 * The International Drug Policy Reform Conference, Sheraton Downtown; Denver, CO. The International Drug Policy Reform Conference takes place every two years and draws a wide range of participants including students, grassroots activists, scholars and other researchers, city, state and federal elected officials, people in recovery as well as active drug users, law enforcement officers, treatment providers and public health advocates. There are 55 sessions over the course of three days, including three plenary sessions. All sessions are 90 minutes long: usually 60 minutes of presentations or discussion (depending on the format) and 30 minutes of question & answer. To see the timeline of the day plus all sessions and speakers, check out the Conference Schedule. Or you can download a PDF version to print and take with you. Visit >> http://www.reformconference.org/program
* Tuesday, November 5th (1st Tues.), 2013 - all day - Every 1st Tuesday of November for the year, VOTE! And be sure everybody you know does so also * til the Polls close * Vote! in Oregon. Read the Voting in Oregon Guide www.uhavavote.org/votingguide/index.html. Get to the link and others by visiting: www.oregonvotes.org/elec101.htm
If you have any questions or problems visit www.HeadCount.org or Call - (866) OUR-VOTE.
And Vote Smart! Project Vote Smart has profiles about nearly all candidates for federal and state offices, to include what the candidates have stated is their position on drug issues. Biographical Information, Voting Records, Issue Positions, Interest Group Ratings, Public Statements, Campaign Finances, Voter Registration, Ballot Measures, Issues and Legislation, Political Resources, and more. Politics is going to the Dogs! So, Bite Back with Project Vote Smart. Visit - http://www.vote-smart.org/
* Saturday, December 15th-ish, 2013 - Noon to 10pm * The annual Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards (OMCA) at the World Famous Cannabis Cafe, 322 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97216. Last year hosted The Holiday Bazaar and Sustainable Fashion Show, a day event was FREE and open to the public from Noon to 5:00pm * Banquet and Awards from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM is where the winners are announced. Todd Armstrong, a local comedian who is gaining national acclaim was the master of ceremonies. * Delicious dining provided by Headwaters Cafe. As a special treat, Jay Mack and Big Dub performed new songs from their upcoming release, Still Medicated. Jay Mack was inducted into the Oregon Music Hall of Fame this year for his work with Portland hip-hop pioneers, the U-Krew. Jay Mack and Big Dub have been long-times supporters of the OMCA and the World Famous Cannabis Cafe. They wrote a song about the café for their first album, and have promised a surprise or two with their performance. * About OMCA: In a blind taste test, judges are given twenty-eight samples of Oregon’s finest medical cannabis to sample and judge. They score each strain on appearance, aroma, taste, smoothness, potency and medicinal effect. Judging is open to registered Oregon Medical Marijuana patients only. * For information about vending at the event, please call 503-208-3395 or visit the cafe website at http://www.usaworldfamouscannabiscafe.com/
This Calendar of Events is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by their volunteer staff. To inquire about -or- add or maintain an event -or- idea, contact them by phone: 503.363-4588, writing to: 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR 97301 -or- by visiting: www.MercyCenters.org
--------------------- NetWork! ---------------------
* Forums. A means to communicate and network on medical cannabis in Portland across Oregon and around the world. A list of Forums, Chat Rooms, Bulletin Boards and other Online Resources for the Medical Cannabis Patient, CareGiver, Family Member, Patient-to-Be and Other Interested Parties. * Resources > Patients (plus) > Online > Forums * Know any? Let everybody else know! Visit: http://www.mercycenters.org/orgs/Forums.html and Post It!
At meeting and meet-ups hosted by these non-profit organizations –
* Patients – current and to be – can Ask Medication questions about how to apply and get answers from those who have already experienced the issues.
* Patients can meet with Caregivers - Caregivers can meet with Patients.
* Growing Patients and CareGivers can Ask grow questions and get answers from Oregon's best medical marijuana growers.
* Non-CardHolders and CardHolders alike can Learn the legal details of Oregon's Medical Marijuana Act and the most recent laws and rules changes – and what they can do about them.
* Medical Cannabis Network opportunity in Sweet Home. A Meet Up has been arranged by MERCY associate Dorothy Westofkansas at the American Legion Building, 1127 Long Street, Sweet Home, Oregon, 97386 starting at 7pm. The purpose is to establish a regular networking of Patients, Caregivers and Interested Parties in the area.
It is a public meeting and there is no medicating or open exchange of resources at the site at this time (must be “brown bagged”, out of public view). If resources available, places and times to exchange will be networked as can. Call 503.363-4588 –or- visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/Meet_PUB_Sweet.htm
This group will be meeting up on a regular basis every first Monday of the month.
Oregon Green Free (OGF) is a OMMP CardHolder-based virtual community that networks on-line and arranges meet-ups and other activity around the state. Oregon Green Free meets in Portland, Eugene and around the state. Sometimes is CARDHOLDERs ONLY! Contact info: mail to Oregon Green Free HQ, 2375 SE 174th Ave., Portland, Oregon, or phone: 503.760-2671 * or visit: http://www.oregongreenfree.com
Got a Place? Or an Idea? Post It! visit > http://www.mercycenters.org/events/Meets.html
------- Resources -------
World Famous Cannabis Café | Enjoy medicating and socializing with others while becoming part of the cannabis community! The 4,000 square foot cafe is a fully functioning community center offering many complimentary ammenities such as a conference room equipped with WiFi, a cannabis library, and an ample game room for your entertainment. Many fun events & gatherings are held year round including Karaoke, Movie Night, and an awesome stage for talented local musicians. Come and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the World Famous Cannabis Cafe, aka "The Sea Level - Mile High Club", and enjoy medicating with our fabulous vapor bar, featuring the Volcano Vaporizer, which is always generously supplied with donated medicine of superior quality. Visit - http://www.usaworldfamouscannabiscafe.com/
* Grand Opening of the new CAN! Research, Education & Consulting office in beautiful Downtown Corvallis, Oregon! * When: Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 5:30 – 8pm * Where: 551 SW 4th St., Corvallis, Oregon (Hwy. 99W) * What: 5:30 - 6pm – Open House with healthy finger-foods & drink * 6 - 7pm – Presentation by Todd Dalotto, “Cannabis Horticultural Research & the CAN! Research Model” * 7 – 8pm – Open Discussion * I look forward to introducing you to my new business and innovative research model. Hope to see you there! Contact: Todd Dalotto, CAN! Research, Education & Consulting, 551 SW 4th St., Corvallis, OR 97333 * 541-752-9053 * http://www.CanResearch.net
* Patients Choice Clinic Services, 332 W. 6th St., Medford Oregon 97504 * phone# 541-210-3276 * fax # 877-885-9910 * New 160.00, Renewals 125.00 * Just Complete our Medical Release and we do the rest. After we receive your records we upload them to Dr. Within 48 hours our Dr. will have a response to the patient. At that time we will schedule you upon qualified status. Patients Choice is the first completely digital medical marijuana clinic. Our office helps Patients find growers also. We have a "consultant" verify and pre-interview potential growers before any referrals are given. We no longer refer to Co-Ops w/over 99 plants. Like Us on Facebook at - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patients-Choice/127126914021299
* Need Medicine? Want to Network? WELCOME to The Club! * The MERCY Club * The folks at MERCY – the Medical Cannabis Resource Center are hosting The Mercy Club - a Medical Cannabis Network - to help people get their cards, network patients to medicine and other resources to help with the issues faced by the community * Call 503.363-4588 or visit - http://mercycenters.org/Club.html - for more details.
* Mon - Fri, Noon – 6PM * MERCY Office Hours. * The folks at MERCY – the Medical Cannabis Resource Center have a new building to host the MERCY Consultations and general Office work, for starters. It is at – 1745 Capital Street NE, Salem, 97303 - and will be Open to network patients to medicine and other resources on an As-Can basis * Call 503.363-4588 for more details. Help spread the word! Click here for quarter sheets in MS-WORD, and here for some in Adobe-PDF. Print 'em off, cut 'em up, hand 'em out -or- leave 'em at appropriate places!
* Want To Get Your Card? MERCY is hosting Medical Cannabis Consultations in Salem. Please call 503-363-4588 or email – email@example.com - to begin the process of transferring records and scheduling an appointment. Help spread the word! Click here for flyers in MS-WORD, and here for some in Adobe-PDF and Click here for quarter sheets in MS-WORD, and here for some in Adobe-PDF. Print 'em off, cut 'em up, hand 'em out -or- leave 'em at appropriate places!
* Got One Going Yourself? Know of one, Or any other Medical Cannabis Resource NetWork Opportunity for Patients as well as CardHolders-to-be; Whether Social meeting, Open to public –or- Cardholders Only * Let everybody know, visit: http://www.mercycenters.org/events/Meets.html and Post It!
* Mari-Med of Oregon * Alternative Pain Management * Conveniently located along Hwy 101. Superior Quality Medical Cannabis Products. Present current OMMP card and photo ID at the door. 1743 Sherman Ave., North Bend, OR, 97459
* Need a Doctor to sign for you? > The Doctor is In ... Salem! * MERCY is referring people to Medical Cannabis Consultations in Salem, Oregon to help folks get their card when their regular care physician won't sign for them. Call 503-363-4588 or visit - http://mercycenters.org/Clinic.html - to begin the process of transferring records and setting an appointment. Know of Other Clinic Resources > Patients > Doctors > Clinics (Specialists) > Then Let everybody else know. For Oregon, visit: http://www.mercycenters.org/orgs/Clinics.html and Post It! For elsewhere in the USA, visit - http://www.mercycenters.org/usa/ and Help spread the word! Click here for flyers in MS-WORD, and here for some in Adobe-PDF and Click here for quarter sheets in MS-WORD, and here for some in Adobe-PDF. Print 'em off, cut 'em up, hand 'em out -or- leave 'em at appropriate places!
* Voter Power Portland Patient Resource Center Now Open Five Days/Week * Hours of operation are: Tuesday – Friday, 2 - 6pm; Saturday, 1pm - 5pm; The Portland PRC is located at 6701 SE Foster Road, Suite D. Call the office at 503.224.3051 for appointments and more information.
- and on Monday thru Friday from 10AM - 4PM at 1708 W. Main St., Medford. Cardholders only (yes, bring your Card and ID) $20 a year membership and $10 entrance fee each time. No one is turned away for lack of funds if you need our resources. Call 541-245-6634 for information on Medford PRC.
Voter Power has clinics to qualify patients for the OMMP in Medford, Eugene, Roseburg, Coos Bay and Portland. Please see their Locations page at - http://www.voterpower.org/?q=node/31 - for list and contact information. The Portland clinic will operate on alternate Saturdays from 9am - 1pm - call the clinic scheduling/business office 503.224.3051 for appointments and more information. To Contact Voter Power Call: Portland: (503) 224-3051 || Medford: (541) 245-6634 || Eugene: (503) 224-3051 || Roseburg: (541) 245-6634 || Gold beach: (541) 247-6465 ||
* Mon - Fri, 10AM – 6PM * SO-NORML Cannabis Information and Resource Center open daily, 332 W. 6th St. in Medford. Located right next door to the Federal Courthouse. For info, visit www.so-norml.org or call 541-779-1448.
* Compassion Center Celebrates 10th Anniversary * Compassion Center, Oregon's oldest medical marijuana clinic, support and education nonprofit, celebrates its 10 year anniversary this year. The Center will hold an anniversary celebration from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm on June 8, 2011 at their office, 2055 W. 12th Avenue in Eugene. The public is invited for refreshments, a free raffle and a book signing by Dru West, author of The Secrets of the West Coast Masters: Ultimate Techniques for Growing Medical Marijuana. Compassion Center has grown along with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) which had about 2000 patients in 2002 and has nearly 40,000 today, with about 11% of them in Lane county.
According to Cheryl K. Smith, Executive Director, "Compassion Center serves about one-third of these local patients and others from around the state in medical clinics, teaches practical classes and provides free information over the phone and in person Monday through Thursday. Because many of our patients are disabled and low-income, we have a low income assistance program for doctor fees, and also provide information on other social service agencies. We recently started a Chronic Pain and Illness Support Group. We also have speakers who are available to medical clinics, disease organizations, universities and other groups that want to learn more about the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program and our services."
Preliminary results of a recent survey of Compassion Center patients show that they don't fit the stereotypes that many people have about medical marijuana patients. More than half are over the age of 50, the majority do not use marijuana recreationally, nearly as many medicate or vaporize their medical marijuana as smoke it, and they most commonly use it for severe pain. Mirroring results in California, we found that more than two-thirds of those responding to the survey have used medical marijuana to decrease or quit another substance, including pharmaceutical drugs, street drugs, alcohol and tobacco-making marijuana a viable harm reduction method. Final survey results will be available by the end of the month.
Compassion Center is a nonprofit corporation established to work for the proper implementation of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act by proving patients the opportunity to work with compassionate physicians for the treatment of their qualifying medical condition; by offering educational opportunities to patients, growers, caregivers, and to the general public; and by providing services at a reduced rate or free for patients in extreme need.
NOTE: Gro-Lite Store and Nursery Protocols – Watch Yer Terminology
Welcome to BendinBloom.com | We are your Central Oregon gardening alternative, specializing in organic alternatives and traditional techniques. Stop by and meet your friendly gardening staff at Bend In Bloom! Contact - Address: 20780 High Desert Ln. # 4, Bend, OR, 97701 (Right Across From CO Indoor Sports Center) * Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat. 11am-4pm; Sun. - Closed * Phone: (541)383-9304 * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org -or- visit - http://bendinbloom.com/
Urban City Hydroponics | Indoor gardening supplies. At: 112 N. Everest Rd., Newberg, OR, 97132 * ph: (971) 832-8225
NOTE: Smoke / “Head” Shop and Hemp Store Protocols – Watch Yer Terminology
Welcome to Vaporizer Sale, the offical Herbal Vaporizer Reviews website! | Read our Herbal Vaporizer Reviews and Forget what You Know About Smoking! With so many herbal vaporizer types on the market today it can be difficult determine which vaporization unit would be the best for you. Whether you are looking for a portable vaporizer, digital vaporizer, or the best vaporizer money can buy our herbal vaporizer reviews can help you find a vape that is perfectly suited for you. Visit - http://vaporizersale.com/
* Voter Power is hosting a Medical Marijuana Program referral clinics in Portland, Eugene and Medford. Please call 503-224-3051 to schedule an appointment for PDX, EUG and 541-245-6634 for MED. Walk-in's welcome after 12 noon, but you must have qualifying medical records with you. Visit - VoterPower.org - for more.
* Meeting / Meet-Up opportunity in Salem-area, Oregon * For OMMP CardHolders Only (Please bring OMMP Card and Photo ID) and Oregon-NORML Membership required; Memberships can be purchased at the door. Contact: Jim at 503.851-7632 or > SalemNorml@hotmail.com < Got One Going Yourself? Know of one, Or any other Medical Cannabis Resource NetWork Opportunity for Patients as well as CardHolders-to-be; Whether Social meeting, Open to public –or- Cardholders Only * Let everybody know, visit: http://www.mercycenters.org/events/Meets.html and Post It!
* The OMCU Patient Resource Center is at 2900 Cornelius Pass Rd., suite 548, Hillsboro, OR, 97123 * 503-649-2999 * http://www.omcu.net * It is open Mon – Fri, 10am – 5pm; Sat 10am – 3pm and hosts bi-monthly socials along with other activities.
Oregon's only Medical Cannabis University (OMCU) was founded to provide OMMP participants with the best education possible. Covering all aspects of growing medical cannabis and cannabis preparations. Our facility is staffed by some of the most recognized names in the local, national, and international medical cannabis scene. Our multiple award and cup-winning facilitators are dedicated to ensuring that students and alumni of Oregon Medical Cannabis University have the knowledge and tools to succeed. You must have a valid Oregon Medical Marijuana Program card to participate at OMCU. Visit - http://omcu.net/ - for more.
* Portlandsterdam University classes * See Class Information for Details and requirements *No card required - Open to public * Classes Start at $25 with Free Basic Grow Class 100 and Politics Classes as well as Special Weekend Package Pricing * Come in and check them out. Join them for a whole weekend and get all their classes in one package, or just drop in, take their free introductory classes or select the single class you want. * 503-788-2349 * visit - www.PortlandsterdamUniversity.com
MERCY Monthly Meetings. MERCY hosts Meetings on the Last Thursday of the Month at CCTV - Capital Community Television of Salem, Oregon. They’ll start at 7pm and go til 9pm. CCTV address and contact info:
575 Trade St SE
Salem, Oregon 97301
Phone: (503) 588-2288
* Please help us help the sick and dying, let them know about this opportunity to network to resources or just get with the Program. For more info Visit: http://mercycenters.org/tv/
Still need places to do a variety of things! If you have any information or ideas, please let us know. Contact MERCY – the Medical Cannabis Resource Center by phone: 503.363-4588 or email: email@example.com
--------------------- Media! ---------------------
the HomeGrown stuff
every other Tuesday, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm * Eugene Cannabis T.V. (ECTV) bi-Weekly Production. Location: Show is filmed at Community TV 29 Studio behind Sheldon High School * Visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/Meet_CLF.htm or Contact: Cannabis Liberation Front * PO Box 10957, Eugene, Oregon 97440-2957 * Check out more on the show online at:
Our Media list: others? Lets us all know, Post It!
* Watch CANNABIS T.V. in EUGENE on Cable Channel 22/29 - EVERY WEEK - The Eugene Cannabis TV show schedule: EVERY WEEK Wed 8:30 pm, Thurs 8:30am. In Salem, see CANNABIS T.V. on Cable Ch 23, TUE @ 11 pm, THU @ 1 pm, FRI @ 11 am -or- SAT @ 11pm.
MERCY on the Tube
ALSO, catch MERCY-TV in Salem, on Cable Channel 23, TUE @ 10:30 pm, THU @ 2 pm, FRI @ 11:30 am -or- SAT @ 8:30 pm. Many Thanks to CCtv, E.C. TV and volunteer Peke.
Cannabis Common Sense
ALSO, catch THCf’s Cannabis Common Sense in Salem, on Cable Channel 23, MON @ 2 pm, TUE @ 9 pm -or- FRI @ 9 am.
Radio? Printed Media? Others? Post It!
This Calendar of Events is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by their volunteer staff. To inquire about -or- add or maintain an event -or- idea, contact them by phone: 503.363-4588, writing to: 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR 97301 -or- visiting: www.MercyCenters.org
------- Alerts and other Action/Event Items -------
Attention OMMP CardHolders: The Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) Outreach Subcommittee is working on a project to help curb some LEO/Media/etc overstepping of boundaries - breaches of confidentiality, spreading misinformation, publishing protected info, LEO abuses of the law, inappropriate uses of the LEDS program, using public resources to publish anti med can info, et al. - in order to do an effective job, we need to hear what med can community members have read, heard or experienced. So, PLEASE look at the following list and if you have anything to contribute - do E-mail us. It is an evolving work in progress which will hopefully result in some changes, from the top down, in how LEO interacts with our community - please contribute your story (please focus more on what happened and less on your opinion about it) or links to news stories or leo publication info related to OMMP. thanks in advance -
1. Public Disinformation (shows LEO’s deliberate marketing of fear &
2. State Policy: recent ACMM letter to Atty Gen Kroger charging
professional conflict of interest. Theme- it starts at the top and filters down
thru LEO/District Attorneys or proofs of LEO abusing their power.
3. Testimony and Anecdotal Stories
7. or Other? PLEASE E-mail us.
Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) meeting hosted by the OMMP.
We’ll get whatever documentation we can and post. Next meeting will be sometime in March and will probably be in Portland or Salem.
See: http://mercycenters.org/ommp/meets/ for details, including any info we have, like proposed agenda, etc. We’ll get copies of documents and stuff from the meetings - and post in our online library, print out and otherwise Keep you in the loop! - as we can(!) You can also keep up on Public Meeting Notices by visiting the OMMP website at: http://oregon.gov/DHS/ph/ommp/ * Call the Program at 971.673-1226 for more info on OMMP hosted meetings. Also, see: http://oregon.gov/DHS/ph/ommp/acmm.shtml for more detail on the Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) or visit: http://oregon.gov/DHS/ph/ommp/mtngnotice.shtml for latest OMMP hosted meetings.
We are crossing our fingers that both the sound amplification and video conferencing systems will be up & running for this meeting. We'll provide details about how to access the video conference as soon as we know.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS 420 * visit - www.ProtectYourRights420.org – or call: 541-210-8790 * “TRAIN THE TRAINERS” WORKSHOP, COMING TO YOUR TOWN TBA * YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR NOT KNOWING YOUR RIGHTS! Who is invited? Cannabis Activists, Members of Medical Cannabis Organizations, OMMP Cardholders who want to become more involved. Why are they doing this? In Oregon, many members of Law Enforcement believe that Medical Marijuana Patients, Growers, and Caregivers are CRIMINALS. Do you value your: PERSONAL FREEDOM? FAMILYS WELFARE? LEGAL RIGHTS? Do you want to: AVOID GOING TO JAIL? PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM LOSS AND TRAGEDY? AVOID LOSING YOUR RIGHTS TO USE CANNABIS LEGALLY?
This workshop will teach you: WHAT TO DO if you are approached by law enforcement; HOW TO REACT with CONFIDENCE; WHERE to get ongoing RESOURCES & SUPPORT so you can continue to TRAIN OTHERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY. FACILITATED BY: Christine McGarvin, MSSW - President of Oregon Green Free South Chapter, Lori Duckworth – Executive Director of Southern Oregon NORML. CO-SPONSORED BY: INSTITUTE FOR CANNABIS THERAPEUTICS, SOUTHERN OREGON NORML. Contact to inquire about –or- set up Dates they can be in your area.
* Why you should never talk to police: This video was VERY good - it is a law professor and a law enforcement
officer BOTH explaining why you should never talk to police, even if you are innocent. It is a lecture given to law students, by the sounds of it – but I think EVERYONE should watch it. Particularly the law enforcement officer
- rarely are they this candid. Visit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
more Local Action items; Initiatives & Activities:
* Ask your Governor to sign the DEA Rescheduling Petition. Find your Governor's contact information. Find your Governor's contact information by clicking here. > http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Governors.shtml
Federal Action & Activities:
The U.S. Senate is rushing to pass four bills that would expand the DEA’s power by giving them the authority to outlaw even more substances across the country and subject more Americans to long mandatory minimum sentences. This legislation would waste your tax dollars by escalating the war on drugs and increasing the DEA’s power.
Expanding the power of the DEA is a huge and costly mistake and we are not going to let them get away with it!
These draconian bills would make it easier for the DEA to ban and criminalize more drugs. The legislation would make it easier for the DEA to bypass the formal drug scheduling process and prohibit substances at their own discretion. If enacted, possession of any quantity could subject someone to a mandatory minimum sentence and incarceration. This misguided legislation would make it easier for the DEA -- a law enforcement agency -- to decide what drugs should be legal or illegal at their whim.
The DEA has a history of consistently ignoring sound scientific research and issuing outright lies about marijuana and other drugs. They routinely reject science and common sense in favor of fear and hysteria, and are an obstacle to evidence-based drug policies.
Given their anti-science, anti-public health record, why give federal police agents more authority over more substances?
This attempt to expand the power of the DEA and put even more people who use drugs behind bars is unacceptable. That’s why we need your help to demand that Congress stop escalating the drug war and stop these bills that would expand the DEA’s authority!
What Else You Can Do:
* Be a Dialysis Buddy – help with Tabs-for-MERCY | The Mercy Center is collecting pull tabs from pop cans to help with programs for our Dialysis patients. Join us by bringing in any number of aluminum cans and turn them in at the front desk at - 1469 Capital Street NE, Suite #100, Salem, 97303 – any time Monday thru Friday, Noon to 6PM. If you are interested in volunteering for this special project, call (503) 363-4588 and ask for Andre. We will also accept any number of cans and bottles for recycling in general. Thanks! In advance.
* Join The Campaign! Medical Cannabis for PTSD for Veterans, Police, Firefighters and other Oregon-American citizens. Help the Efforts underway to add PTSD to the List of Qualifying Conditions to Register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program. Visit our PTSD today at - http://mercycenters.org/action/camp_PTSD.html And tell everybody you know. Then tell everybody you don't know. Yet.
* Help Kevin! A Medical Cannabis Grower in Miscarriage of Justice, Convicted of Manslaughter for Self-Defense against a Repeat Intruder with a Record. Kevin received a sentence of 5 years from Hawaii Parole Authority meaning he'll be eligible for consideration in 3 years plus some change for time served.
We continue his appeal.
He was also moved upon sentencing to Arizona.
1. Prepare For APPEAL and other efforts to get him out of the hell-hole and access to medicine, at least. Bottom line is it is going to take MONEY, so visit - http://helpfreekevin.com/donations.html - and Donate what you can.
2. WRITE to Kevin and help keep his spirits up. Kevin needs everyone's help while he is denied his freedom and his medicine. Please write to inquire, amuse, entertain and otherwise keep his mind occupied with things other than where he is, etc. Write to -
Eloy, AZ, 85131
3. HELP SPREAD The WORD! Tell EVERYBODY You Know, then everybody you don't know. Yet! Visit - http://mercycenters.org/action/FreeKev/subscr_form.html and Join the Help Free Kevin Network, which includes his free e-mail list so you can stay tuned to latest developments. Thanx! and keep the support flowing.
* LEGISLATIVE Update: Bills relating to medical cannabis, hemp legalization and marijuana prohibition reform in general have been introduced at the Federal and State levels, both in Oregon State and across the nation with web pages set up for each bill in order to gather related talking points, LTE examples, Hearing notices, links and Bulletin Boards so everyone can contribute. Links and other tools on how to contact your rep, find out about bills, etc. is at - http://willamettevalleynorml.org/legis/state.html
* NEED a PLACE for * Public Meet Up of VanPAH.Net, a Vancouver (WA)-area Patient Help Resource NetWork for current Medical Cannabis Patients and CareGivers as well as those To-Be. * Meeting Agenda: News and Information in general, for example - How to Get Qualified, where to Find a Doctor; How to Find a Grower; Dispensaries in Washington? But, mostly, How’s It Going with You, The People? What are your issues? Ideas? NOTE: But the group is Furniture-challenged at this stage so it is B.Y.O.C – Bring Your Own Chair. SORRY! This meeting organized as a Public Service by MERCY – The Medical Cannabis Resource Center. Help spread the word! Click here for quarter sheets in MS-WORD, and here for some in Adobe-PDF. Print 'em off, cut 'em up, hand 'em out -or- leave 'em at appropriate places! For more info about Meetings and Meet-Ups in your area, call MERCY at: 503.363-4588 –or- visit - http://www.mercycenters.org/links/Wash_St.html
--------------------- more Action! Items ---------------------
* We wish to Note the availability of "Medical Marijuana Law," a book co-authored by Richard Glen Boire, of the Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics ( www.cognitiveliberty.org ), and Kevin Feeney
Medical Marijuana Law offers a complete overview of federal law and each of the 11 state medical marijuana programs. MMJ Law discusses the medical necessity defense in depth, how to qualify for each state program, the legal rights of patients and the role and legal rights of caregivers, how to deal with cops and how to remain legal under your state's law. MMJ Law also explores the rights and responsibilities of physicians who recommend marijuana, and explains how physicians can avoid legal troubles.
In addition to the above, MMJ Law contains a resource guide for each state, listing the prominent clinics and patient advocacy organizations in each state, contains the Marijuana Policy Project's Model Medical Marijuana Bill, a forward by Frank Lucido, MD, one of the prominent marijuana docs in California, and an article by Dale Gieringer (NORML) providing advice to medical marijuana providers. The book is 190 pages and retails at 14.95, but is available on Amazon at a reduced price. Clinics who wish to stock this book should visit the website of Ronin Publishing at ( http://www.roninpub.com/ord_whole.html ).
We feel that this guide will be a valuable resource for patients, caregivers and their doctors. Any and all feedback on this book from readers is appreciated. Questions are also welcome. For more information Contact: Kevin Feeney, JD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The State-wide Calendar of Events for Oregon is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by their volunteer staff. To inquire about -or- add or maintain an event -or- idea, contact them by phone: 503.363-4588, writing to: 1469 Capital St NE, #100, Salem, OR 97301 -or- visiting: www.MercyCenters.org
What Else Is Happening
MERCY Event ideas - contact MERCY - or visit the website for more info - www.MercyCenters.org
GlassWare Party (was Jan. 28th, 2006). Attention patients who use "glass" pipes for medical cannabis delivery devices. GlassWare Parties are an opportunity for medical cannabis patients to examine and inquire about this particular means of medicating in privacy and comfort.
For example, a GlassWare Party was held at the MERCY Center Sat., Jan. 28th, 2006 from High Noon to 4:20pm featuring the very functional glass art of Smokin' Glass of Portland. Patients were able to preview beautiful, practical "glass" products and accessories in a nice, SAFE, friendly environment where people can discuss the FAQS openly and straightforward.
Y'see, when in the store, conversations must be carefully controlled, even in the age of OMMA.
NOTE: "Smoke Shop" Protocol for Medical Cannabis Patients
Smokin' Glass sells only the finest quality functional glass art and other products. Sure, WE all know what else they can be used for, but we can't talk openly about it in the store.
OMMA didn't fix anything in this area, it's the same old drag. Anyone heard using words like: Bong, Hash-pipe or any word that implies illegal intent in the store - could be a local yokel on a boon-doggle or even a DEA agent on a fishing expedition - and the owner could be fined or even shut down. No joke.
SORRY! But federal law applies, so watch yer terminology! Yep, it's a silly game we ALL must play til we change the law.
Smokin' Glass has supported individuals and groups in the medical cannabis movement since the concept began. They help as much as they can publicly, mostly by patiently educating consumers on the law when purchasing their functional glass art for use as delivery devices while giving them the best price they can.
Now, would like to help more by offering a discount to the patient community. Mention you read it here and receive 30% off! Yes, all OMMP Cardholders get a whopping 30 percent savings on your purchase. So, stop on by their new location in Portland at -
1408 SE 39th, a half block north of Hawthorne up 39th, next to Jiffy Lube
- and ask about their water-pipes (NOT "bongs"!) and other functional glass pieces that OMMA cardholders may be interested in. Visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/GlassWare_Party.html for details.
Grow-vention (last was 2/26/05). Growers Convention. Bring all growers together in safe environment and enable free exchange of information and resources. Have presentations and booths. Allow patients to attend in order to pick up info, resources or shop for a grower.
--- Future Events ---
* 3rd Saturday, January 19th-ish, 2013 * 8:00pm til we’re done! * Meet The New Year hosted by W-V-NORML at the Voter Power Office in Eugene, at 687 River Ave., Eugene, 97404-2513 * Join Willamette Valley NORML as we start working on making the year better than the last by laying down a foundation for change. There will be Raffles for stuff, Music, Food and Fun, of course, but also: Info on Avoiding Busts and What to do in a Law Enforcement Encounter; How to Get Your Card, Volunteer for The Cause, or otherwise Help Out, and more! $5 donation at the door. For more info call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit: http://w-v-norml.org/meeting.html
* Canna-Summit * A Summit meeting Of Cannabis Law Reform Activists and Supporters | last was Saturday, February 11, High Noon the first “Marijuana Super PAC” will take place at the Voter Power Building, 687 River Ave, Eugene. It will be a event for all that support Cannabis and the freedom to use it in any way we want to. All can present their ideas on where we are and where we need to go. I’m starting an agenda and encourage all to submit items they’re interested in. There will be time limits on each item to keep things moving. I’d like to record the meeting. Either voice or voice & audio for people that aren’t able to participate can review the event. This is optional and open for discussion. Fliers made up and available here > http://w-v-norml.org/gallery/MJSuperPackPoster-sm.jpg < and can send them as a PDF. Contact Organizer: Dan Koozer at (541) 517-0957
--- Marijuana Super PAC Meeting Agenda – Feb 11 2012 ---
Meeting starts at High Noon sharp, 15 minute break at 1:00pm. Meeting adjourns at 2:00pm and we break up into groups, i.e. MJSP, OCTA, OMPI, etc. We need to be out of the building by 3:00pm due to VP’s new Patient Resource Day schedule. The agenda as of Feb 4;
Opening Remarks - (5 minutes)
Introductions - (30 seconds ea)
MJ Super PAC (MJSP) John Sajo – (15 minutes)
OCTA2012 - (10 minutes)
OPT-IN Jim Klahr – (10 minutes)
OMPI, now Citizens for Sensible Law Enforcement - (10 minutes)
PACA2012 - (10 minutes)
OR Legislature – What to do? - (10 minutes)
Sensible Oregon (which is collecting sigs)
Clinics – Post Clinic Support? Dan Koozer - (10 minutes)
Sign & Support the Cannabis Initiatives;
Support Your Local Activists -
Willamette Valley NORML
Eugene Cannabis TV
Cannabis Liberation Front
1863 Pioneer Pkwy E #624
Springfield, Oregon 97477-3907
* Saturday, February 19th-ish, 2013 * 8:00pm til we’re done! * Sweet Leaf Valentines Ball hosted by W-V-NORML at the Voter Power Office in Eugene, at 687 River Ave., Eugene, 97404-2513 * Join Willamette Valley NORML as we sweeten the ‘pot of life’ by mixing entertainment and activism. There will be Raffles for stuff, Music, Food and Fun, of course, but also: Info on Avoiding Busts and What to do in a Law Enforcement Encounter; How to Get Your Card, Volunteer for The Cause, or otherwise Help Out, and more! $5 donation at the door. For more info call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit: http://w-v-norml.org/events.html#sweet
* April 20th, 2013 - Saturday - 8PM 'til Closing * ‘Hash Bash Ball’ Benefit at the Voter Power Office, 687 River Ave, Eugene, 97404-2513. The “Hash Bash Ball” event is part of a series of monthly fundraising events (third weekend in each month). Part of the “Hash Bash Week” activities, open to the public, OMMP patient medication area provided. The purpose is to raise funds to continue the fight for Cannabis Law reform by donating all proceeds to Voter Power, the Willamette Valley NORML & the Emerald Empire HempFest.
Our Mission: The purpose of the “Hash Bash Ball” event is to unite our citizens in calling for sweeping reforms in America's laws against cannabis and hemp. This is a uniquely valuable plant: it provides high levels of key nutrients, relieves symptoms for patients suffering from an array of medical conditions, and can be made into environmentally positive products such as clothing, paper, paint, biodegradable plastics, and replacements for fossil fuels.
Join Willamette Valley NORML as we start working on making the year better than the last by laying down a foundation for real change. There will be Raffles for stuff, Music provided by Liquid Platinum, Food and Fun, of course, but also: Info on Avoiding Busts and What to do in a Law Enforcement Encounter; How to Get Your Card, Volunteer for The Cause, or otherwise Help Out, and more! $5 suggested donation at the door. For more info Contact: Willamette Valley NORML, at (541) 517-0957 – or email@example.com
* National NORML Conferences * Stand Up, Get Out, Speak Up For Your Rights! Where do freedom-loving citizens like YOU gather? Answer: Events hosted by the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws! If you have questions, contact NORML by phone at 888-67-NORML or Visit - - And Spread the Word! Visit: http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3427 for the latest on NORML conferences.
* Annual 420 Strike * Saturday, 20 April 2013, 00:00 until 23:30 (all Day) * location: Earth, specifically USA (national, global? action item) * In an effort to stop the inanity that has criminalized 25 MILLION of us in this country alone -- which means we are arresting over 800 THOUSAND people YEARLY and wrecking 2,000 lives on a DAILY BASIS we are proposing the Annual 420 Strike on April 20. On April 20 let your lack of money speak for you loudly and clearly! We will all join together and refuse to spend our money on any items or wares except those items that are directly connected to cannabis, made out of cannabis, hemp, marijuana or connect to an event that supports the marijuana movement. It is only through our withholding our hard earned money that are we going to be able to show the government - we mean business! Elvy Musikka is one of 4 patients in the USA that has a federal medical marijuana prescription (NOT JUST A MEDICAL RECOMMENDATION). She is proposing this event to raise awareness on how medical marijuana can help patients throughout the country. Join her in this cause of working with the government on changing the prohibition of medical marijuana. Contact - organizer Elvy Musikka at - https://www.facebook.com/events/198293580277485/
* Taking Steps! * Saturday, April 20th, 2013 * 4:20 and All Day * A 4:20 Gathering At the Steps of the Capital, Salem, Oregon and other Events, Actions and Activities around The World for Cannabis Law Reform. See - http://w-v-norml.org/action/420.html - for more detail.
* sometime in 2013 -- NORML National Conference To Convene in TBA. The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) will be holding its 41st annual national conference April 21 through April 23-ish at one of America's most 'pot-friendly' cities. Please mark your calendars now to attend this important event. Visit - http://norml.org/about/norml-conferences - for more detail. NORML invites the public to join hundreds of likeminded marijuana law reformers at the nation's only annual conference dedicated to ending cannabis prohibition. Please visit http://www.norml.org for forthcoming information regarding other 2011 conference registrations, speakers, and social events.
* The annual Deep Green Festival * last was being held in the Bay Area (San Francisco) on Saturday, April 21st-ish, 2013 * Come experience a vibrant village of attractions, vendors, speakers, music and exhibits exploring the 7 Dimensions of Cannabis! Deep Green is THE gathering for the evolving cannabis culture that recognizes not only the growing medicinal applications of cannabis, but also the many ecological and economic benefits this remarkable member of the plant kingdom offers. Mark your calendars to be able to attend this premier cannabis event and visit their website for more info; http://deepgreenfest.com/
* The National Clinical Conference
On Cannabis Therapeutics, sponsored by Patients Out of Time, among others *
last was held on April 26 - 28, 2012
* Thursday, April 26th – Monday, April 30th-ish, 2013 (last week-end in April) * MERCYs Annual Wake-n-Bake (WaB) * last was held at the Northern day-use area, Kingfisher group camp, at the MILO MCIVER STATE PARK near Estacada, Oregon * We will be reserving the spot starting 4pm, Thursday, so folks can get there any time after that. Communing Friday afternoon and evening, a Green Pancake breakfast Saturday, April 26th morn (8am – 10am) and Networking til 1pm, Monday. * Donation of $50 per person for 3-night stay or $75 per person for 5-night stay is requested * Poster Creation Party WoW! * also at the WaB * Make a Poster for the Global Marijuana Marches and Beyond! Materials provided, just bring yourself, your ideas and talents, a friend * To reserve your spot or, for more on MERCY, call: 503.363-4588 * for more info on the Camp, like directions, visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/Wake_n_Bake.htm
* U-of-O Spring Street Faire, May 2, 3 & 4 and 5 - University of Oregon, Eugene * Folks are going in together on a booth at the upcoming UofO Spring Street Faire, All Cannabis-related initiatives are welcome (and encouraged). Canopy, tables & chairs will be provided. Located on 13th Avenue between Kincaid Street and University Street, this location will have thousands of individuals passing through daily, a range of faculty members, students, local community members, and other visitors. The Faire will operate from 10:00am to 5:00pm for all four days. The Emerald Empire HempFest (EEH) will pay for 1/2 of the booth and an anonymous donor will cover the other half. F.y.i. - $5 application fee, $130 for non-profits May 2-4, additional $40 for May 5 (Willamette Valley Folk Music Festival). Application available; http://asuo.uoregon.edu/uploads/files/paragraphs/1116/Spring%20Faire%20App2.4.pdf Contact - Dan Koozer at (541) 517-0957
* Saturday, May 4th, 2013, High Noon * Marches for Global Cannabis Liberation * Also known as the Million Marijuana Marches, this Action is happening in Salem, Eugene, Portland and around the World. Check your local listings. Salem plan: MERCY will assemble for this event, starting at 11am, at the far end of the mall across from the steps of the Capital Building, Salem, Oregon on first Saturday in May, annually and March at High Noon. Officially, the intersection of Summer and Center streets. At High Noon (sharp!) we March, Visit - http://mercycenters.org/events/MMM.html - for map and more. Eugene: The W-V-NORML / CanLibSoc / EEH / ECTV Coalition will assemble 10:30am, at the FSP (Free Speech Plaza), 8th & Oak, do a lap around Saturday Market, back to FSP and begin the speeches at noon. The speakers this year are: Brian Michaels a prominent Criminal Defense Lawyer practicing in Oregon with extensive experience in Marijuana cases. Portland: Oregon NORML usually gathers in Pioneer Courthouse Square to march at High Noon through downtown Portland, accompanied by a police escort. To volunteer or for questions about the march and rally, please call the Oregon NORML message line at 503-239-6110 or visit http://www.ornorml.org.
Medford: For info, visit www.so-norml.org or call 541-779-1448.
Visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/MMM.html for more on local action. For updated full list, go to http://cures-not-wars.org/wordpress/?p=7 There is also some international MMM networking going on at this CannabisCulture.com message forum >
* Treating Yourself magazine is excited to host the upcoming 3rd Annual Treating Yourself Expo on May 25 – 27-ish, 2013 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (Toronto, Canada). We are currently seeking vendors, exhibitors, and sponsors for this very high-profile event. Mark your calendar and join patients, their friends and loved ones, professionals, distributors and manufacturers from across North America and Europe. * For more information Contact: Treating Yourself at 416 620 1951 or by visiting - http://medicalmarijuana-hempexpo.com/
* The Marijuana Conferences * last was June 16 & 17-ish 2012, Hotel Nikko, San Francisco * How Can You Succeed in Building a Sustainable Business in the Current Environment? After the success of DealFlow Media's New York event this past fall, we're bringing this conference to San Francisco. This is the only non-biased event covering the business, legal and health aspects of the growing debate over legalization in the United States. This event draws the most concentrated group of investment professionals, business owners, attorneys, state legislators, and physicians, and they attend because this event is a forum geared for business-to-business networking and education.
What is the present status of federal and state laws? How do they impact businesses structuring start-up capital? Find out the answers to these and other critical questions. his event is imperative for anyone interested in learning about and building a sustainable business in this rapidly growing and dynamic industry. Take advantage of our early registration discount before April 1st. Early registration is only $495 ($100 off the regular price). http://www.dealflow.com/conferences/ to register or call our office at (516) 876-8006. Subscribers to The MJ Business Report will receive a 2-for-1 coupon to bring a colleague for free. Active yearly paid subscription required to receive the coupon.
* Monday, July 4th * Fourth Of July Hemp Coalition's Annual Smoke-In at the National Mall in Washington DC. Usually "High Noon" in Lafayette Park (North side of the White House). From 12:00 - 4:00pm * Activist speakers from the front lines of the "War On Drugs" commenting on the progress and direction of ending marijuana prohibition and other aspects of drug policy reform; A Concert with Performers and activists presenting a colorful message relating to our cause during the afternoon; and a "Peace Mile Parade", and more. For more info Contact: Fourth of July Hemp Coalition (FJHC) - P O Box 5513, Washington DC 20016, phone 202-286-5586, or visit - http://www.smoke-in.org/
* in Summer * Hit City Digital Records releases the Henry Turner, Jr. & Flavor’s Ultimate Louisiana Party tour dates and are announced. The band goes on an annual circuit of Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington. See details and dates below.
Henry Turner Jr. & Flavor began a musical odyssey, in Baton Rouge, in 1989. Their style is described as a Louisiana “gumbo” of flavors, incorporating reggae, soul, blues and funk. On Hit City Digital Records they have released seven CD’s and over fourteen singles. Some of their better known hits include “2 Many Women,” “Ugly Man” and “Love Me or Leave Me.” This year the band will debut selections from their forthcoming CD. Songs include “Modern Medication” and “I Might Just Let You Go.” The band is well known for their tongue in cheek lyrics, upbeat dance tunes and touching ballads. Additionally, songs have been featured in motion and pictures and television programs that include “Chuck” and “Supernatural.” Henry Turner, Jr. also hosts a weekly, Tuesday evening internet radio show, HCR Golden Vibes on Blog Talk radio. (www.blogtalkradio-hcrgoldenvibes.com)
The band is Henry Turner, Jr. on vocals and guitar, veteran R&B drummer Ronnie Houston and Matt Burns on bass. Guest soloists, background vocalists, bands and additional musicians will be added along the way. For more information visit: http://www.henryturnerjr.com/ -or- www.hitcitylouisiana.info -or- www.wix.com/ultimatelouisianapar/ty for more on Henry Turner, Jr. & Flavor, Hit City Digital Records and the 2012 Ultimate Louisiana Party. Ultimate Louisiana Party; Get Tickets: http://ultimatelouisianapar.wix.com/ty#!august-pretickets * Read more: http://tunes.broadwayworld.com/article/Henry-Turner-Jr-Flavors-2012-Ultimate-Louisiana-Party-Launches-Tour-526-20120514#ixzz1vASFZJL4 -or- visit: http://ultimatelouisianapar.wix.com/ty#!
* Fri. - Sat. - Sun., August 17 – 18 – 19-ish, (third weekend in Aug.) 2013 * Seattle HempFest in Seattle, on Friday from 12 noon to 8 pm, and on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 8. Admission is still FREE, and at Elliot Bay, Myrtle Edwards Pier 70, and Olympic Sculpture Parks - 3130 Alaska Way W., Seattle, WA * Hempfest is a work-party. They want you to come to relax and enjoy their event, but they also want you to learn. When people learn the facts about Cannabis they inevitably come to our side. They want to offer the latest educational resources to help you learn about domestic production of industrial hemp, medical marijuana, pot law, and even addiction and abuse. They want to contribute to you being as informed, educated and prepared as you can be to participate in our culture and movement. Take this year's program guide home with you and study it. The brightest minds they can find have contributed to their program this year. It is a user's manual so please use it. Find more information at: http://www.hempfest.org
* August 24 - 26 * 10:00AM * Friday, Saturday, Sunday 2013 * Jefferson State Music Festival and Hemp Expo * nr. Takilma, OR Location: 3833 Holland Loop Road, Cave Junction, OR 97523 * Jefferson State Music Festival and Hemp Expo is founded on the belief that through awareness, education, and the cooperation and coordination of citizens and public officials, many complex social issues can be mitigated. Objective and Purpose: To host a world class music event that provides outlets for cannabis advocates to educate the public on the many potential benefits and uses of the cannabis plant. This includes religious, medicinal, industrial, agricultural, economic, environmental, and other practical applications. Visit - - for more.
* Sat.- Sun., August 25th – 26th, 2013 (4th week-end in August) * Olympia Hempfest is held at Heritage Park, 5th Ave. and Water St. NW, Olympia, Washington on the fourth weekend of August and last year happened; from 11AM – 8PM on Sat. & from 11AM – 6PM on SUN. Admission is FREE, tho they suggest a $5 donation. Heritage Park is a 24-acre state-owned property adjacent to Capitol Lake and downtown Olympia, WA. It is the northern extension of the Washington state capitol campus. Olympia Hempfest was founded in 2003 as a gathering of 500 people on the original Washington state capitol campus in downtown Olympia and has grown into one of the major Olympia events in just under its fourth year, with a annual theme of “Helping” each year Oly Hempfest strives to break down the barriers and remind people about our heritage and our responsibility to be active citizens. Find more information at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olympia-Hempfest/149429311748592
* 7th - 9th-ish of September, 2013 * CannaTrade, the international Hemp trade fair at Stadthalle Dietikon, in ZÜRICH, Switzerland * Contact: CannaTrade.ch AG * Monbijoustrasse 17, CH-3011 Bern, Switzerland * Tel. +41 / 31 / 398 0235, Fax +41 / 31 / 398 0236, eMail firstname.lastname@example.org * visit - http://cannatrade.ch/ * CannaTrade Facebook Community: - Join now CannaTrade-Facebook-Community!
* date: TBA * time: TBA * next CannaVention Planning meeting * last was Room ED 176 at the University of Oregon campus, Eugene. Contact: TBA, 503-396-9062, email@example.com.
* Next Eugene Cannabis Cup, TBA. Last was * Saturday, May 22nd-ish, 2011 at 11:30am – 5pm * at Voter Power Office, 687 River Ave., Eugene, 97404-2513. Vendors, Speakers, Cannabis Awards, Information Booths. All proceeds will go to I-28 for Patients Rights to Safe Access to their Medicine. Contact: Jim Greig, 541-844-1220 -or- firstname.lastname@example.org
* HEMPIRE EXPO * TBA * TBA * get the Media Kit (pdf) > HERE < Find out more about the Hempire here > http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/ <
* W-V-NORML & Voter Power Potluck Halloween Costume Party * WHERE: Voter Power office - 687 River Av, Eugene, 97404-2513 * WHEN: Friday, October 28-ish, 2013 - 8:00pm - ? * WHY: to raise Funds and Awareness. Admission is $10.00 or $5:00 & a 4 - 6 serving dish to share. Special prize for best costume. Live music provided by the Grateful Dead cover band Liquid Platinum (back by popular demand).
* December 1 – 3-ish, 2013 * The NORML Legal Seminar, Key West, FLA * The 2011 legal seminar will be held at the Pier House Resort and Caribbean Spa in Key West, FL on December 1-3, 2011. The hotel is holding a block of reduced rate rooms for NORML legal seminar attendees. We usually sell out our block of rooms, so please try to make your reservations early. The NORML Key West legal seminar is an excellent legal seminar with outstanding speakers, and it is fully accredited by all states that require Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for practicing attorneys. In addition, it has become a wonderful opportunity to spend some time in a relaxed setting with old friends, and to make new friends, who share your opposition to marijuana prohibition. Many of our members and supporters look forward each year to this celebration of personal freedom. Visit - http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5341 - for more.
* Saturday, December 3rd, 2pm – 4pm * Willamette Valley NORML Member meeting * will be held 2nd Saturdays at 687 River Ave., Eugene, 97404-2513 * It's that time again, nominations and elections for The Board. Visit -
* For more info call: 541.517-0957
- for the Members Forum to see this and other Agenda items, visit -
- for more detail and to participate on-line. Also, Go to -
- the Calendar for the latest. Also, Latest newsletter is out, visit -
- to review and get yours. Or pick one up at the
* Saturday, December 15th-ish, 2013 - 10am to 10pm * The annual Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards (OMCA) at the World Famous Cannabis Cafe, 322 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97216. . The Holiday Bazaar and day event is FREE and open to the public from 10:00am to 5:00pm * Banquet and Awards from 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM * World Famous Cannabis Café | Enjoy medicating and socializing with others while becoming part of the cannabis community! The 4,000 square foot cafe is a fully functioning community center offering many complimentary ammenities such as a conference room equipped with WiFi, a cannabis library, and an ample game room for your entertainment. Many fun events & gatherings are held year round including Karaoke, Movie Night, and an awesome stage for talented local musicians. Come and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the World Famous Cannabis Cafe, aka "The Sea Level - Mile High Club", and enjoy medicating with our fabulous vapor bar, featuring the Volcano Vaporizer, which is always generously supplied with donated medicine of superior quality. Visit - http://www.usaworldfamouscannabiscafe.com/
* Saturday, December 17th, 2pm – 4pm * Willamette Valley NORML Public meeting * will be held 4th Saturdays (excepting Holidays, then 3rd Sat.) at 687 River Ave., Eugene, 97404-2513 * For more info call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit: http://w-v-norml.org/meeting.html
For more info call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit:
* Wednesday thru Saturday, November 2 – 5-ish, 2014 * International Drug Policy Reform Conference * last was at Westin Bonaventure, Los Angeles, California. Every two years drug policy reformers from across the United States and around the world come together to listen, learn, network and strategize. If you’re working to bring about drug policies based on science, compassion, health and human rights, you can’t afford to miss this extraordinary gathering! Read more about the conference at › http://www.reformconference.org/
The State-wide Calendar of Events for Oregon is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by their volunteer staff. To inquire about -or- add or maintain an event -or- idea, contact them by phone: 503.363-4588, writing to: 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR 97301 -or- visiting: www.MercyCenters.org
the Bulletin Board
Make a comment, ask a question,
see below for examples.
NOTE: Edit yourself before clicking on the [Leave Your Comments] tab, what you type is
what you get!
If you wish to have an entry deleted, communicate with the webster thru the tool at the
Make a comment, ask a question, see below for examples. NOTE: Edit yourself before clicking on the [Leave Your Comments] tab, what you type is what you get! If you wish to have an entry deleted, communicate with the webster thru the tool at the bottom.
PS from CRRH wrote:
"Anndrea Hermann on Cannabis Common Sense Friday at 8 P.M. at 2766 NE MLK Jr. in Portland, or live on cable TV channel 11, or on the internet: http://www.ustream.tv/channel /cannabis-common-sense Archived at: http://www.youtube.com/user/w illappel Yours truly, Paul Stanford www.hemp.org"
Saturday, November 17 at 07:52 AM:
Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM:
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 06:03 AM:
Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 05:07 PM:
Friday, September 25 at 04:27 PM:
Thursday, January 1 at 04:54 PM:
Sunday, December 28 at 01:38 PM:
Friday, June 6, 2008 at 11:29 PM:
Friday, September 21, 2007 at 09:29 PM:
"please contact Mr Bud Green at email@example.com"
Monday, April 16, 2007 at 06:16 PM:
Monday, March 12, 2007 at 03:46 PM:
Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 04:14 PM:
Monday, November 6 at 02:03 AM:
Friday, October 6 at 06:56 PM:
Monday, January 30, 2006 at 07:38 AM:
The response to the 12/4 event was so good that we have decided to follow up with a program that will continue to inform the public about MAPS and the work that they are doing.
'Just Say Know' is a one hour presentation that will give the opportunity to see the work done by MAPS. I will be speaking, showing the video that was shown at the luncheon, and reading testimonials by people affected by MAPS' work. No one will be asked to contribute financially, though I will welcome feedback and advice from attendees.
I would love it if you could attend. If you know anybody who would be interested in hearing about MAPS, this program would be a great way to introduce them to the organization.
'Just Say Know' will be at the following place and time:
2/4/06, 7:00- 8:00pm, 1235
Thanks for your time and consideration.
Monday, October 17 at 06:41 AM:
'The World Can't Wait' to Hold Rally at Pioneer Square on Wednesday, November 2, 2005
Portland, Oregon: The Portland Chapter of The World Can't Wait announced this morning that a rally will be held at 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, November 2nd at Pioneer Square in downtown Portland. This rally joins similar rallies all across America in over 40 cities. "The World Can't Wait" calls for those who wish to express their unwillingness to follow the Bush regime to take off work or school on November 2, 2005 to come together peacefully and express their demand for a new direction in America. To learn more about "The World Can't Wait" and their goals, please go to http://worldcantwait.org/.
Melissa Martini, coordinator for the Portland Chapter, invites all Oregonians to join with millions across the country who are no longer willing to support our current administration's failed policies. The time has come for us all to make a powerful statement: THIS REGIME DOES NOT REPRESENT US!
The rally will include speakers who share the goals of 'The World Can't Wait' movement. Volunteers and speakers are now needed to assist with this event. Please contact Melissa to find out how you can help make this initial event a powerful statement of hope for a better future. Make your concerns heard across the country and join us on November 2 at Pioneer Square! "
Friday, September 2 at 04:23 PM:
Tuesday, August 9 at 12:49 PM:
Thursday, August 4 at 06:35 PM:
Friday, July 1 at 09:20 PM:
Comments, questions and suggestions? To communicate ideas, changes or requests for further information about these pages -or- for compliments, complaints or to report broken links with the web site in general, you can eMail the Webster. Also, feel free to visit the Guestbook and leave a note.
You are visitor # 39379! (since 6/25/2005) Thanx for stopping by. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies! This page ( /events/current.html ) was last modified on: Saturday, 17-Nov-2012 07:53:54 PST