The building hosting MERCYs Center is on the market to be sold.
Our last official availability will be the end of August.
After 8/31/2006 we will be open as we can. The place could sell tomorrow or not for some time. We have to be prepared to move - which also makes the place presentable for showing - in either case.
We can use it til then, just can't promise or really schedule to be there.
It is doubtful the new owner will let us stay, much less as is, but we'll keep praying. Interested in a good-sized, multi-partitioned building on a high-traffic street in a prime location in Salem? contact -> Robby
When the center becomes unavailable we'll have to meet someplace public to assist non-cardholders get with the program as well as some place to privately exchange patient resources. Places such as parking lots and state parks - like in the bad old days.
To satisfy all the needs MERCYs Center used to fuilfill, we need Places -
- to generally Meet. Public, non-medicating, non-resource-exchanging. From Meet-Ups to Town Halls.
- to Exchange. With facilities for cardholders to be out of public view.
- to Medicate. Sufficient environmental, health and safety (fire) control - as well as legal (OMMP protocol) - to allow smoking, vaporizing, etc.
- to Event. Space and/or ability to make Noise, plus Other - restrooms, wheelchair access, etc.
- Exchange/Event. Large area with enclosed areas to accomidate both Card-holders and Non.
- to Post. Bulletin Boards, Posters.
- to Literature. Places to drop/p-u Newsletters, Flyers, etc.
Location Information; Directions and Contact info for Salem Meetings
> Location: Rough House Furniture store on Fairgrounds Rd. see below for directions. <
> Contact:Salem MERCY Events Coordinator at: 503-363-4588 -or- email to: MERCY_Salem@hotmail.com for more information.
What: > MERCY Public meetings; an Opportunity for Salem area medical cannabis proponents to network.
When: > Generally held Last Thursday of the Month, except when conflicts with major holiday < * (usually) 7pm - 9pm. Purpose: to give OMMP (Oregon Medical Marijuana Program) proponents a place & time to gather, network and act. Click here to see latest meeting agenda and details. For other meeting and event info, see the MERCY Calendar and our index to others.(!)
If you are coming from Portland way ...
1. get on I-5 SOUTH towards SALEM
2. Take the PORTLAND RD NE exit towards AMPHITHEATRE/FAIRGROUNDS/NORTH SALEM, exit #258
3. Turn Right on PORTLAND RD NE towards CITY CENTER/FAIRGROUNDS-AMPHITHEATRE
4. Continue on FAIRGROUNDS RD NE/PORTLAND RD NE
5. Continue on FAIRGROUNDS RD NE
Now, you can
Now, you canGo to the EVENTz index, Back to the Calendar, or back to Top.