Search the Net
MERCY in America; Medical Cannabis in the USA
Washington DC (District of Columbia)
The World of MERCY; Medical Cannabis around the Globe
ADHD Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears)
CannaButter - a cannabis-infused medicinal application
Canna-Tea - Tea, a cannabis-infused medicinal application
Ticture - a cannabis-infused medicinal application
Canasol - a cannabis-based medicine
(RSO) - Rick Simpson Oil
(GHO) - Golden, Honey Oil
Seeds - for Medical Cannabis and related info
Strains - of Medical Cannabis and related info
Click here for printable version of current month in WORD, click here for PDF.
in Oregon state and NorthWest, and beyond – 2014
see below for details
------- Action! -------
* On Monday, March 3, 2014 at 8:30 a.m., the Oregon Health Authority began accepting applications from individuals who wish to register and operate a medical marijuana dispensary in Oregon. IMPORTANT NOTE! Applications will only be accepted through the online system that will be live at > mmj.oregon.gov < Please check here >> http://mercycenters.org/orgs/MMF_OR.html << regularly for more details, updates or to sign up to join an e-mail list to receive updates by e-mail.
------- Events & Activities -------
* Every Monday (usually), next is March 10th * 7:30PM – 10PM * Eugene’s Cannabis T.V. Show filming in Eugene, at: Community TV 29 Studio behind Sheldon High School * If you're interested in helping produce a weekly half-hour cable access TV show in the Studios of Community Television 29 in Eugene, Oregon educating the public on Cannabis issues come on by. * Contact Dan Koozer, Producer – ECTV at 541.517-0957 or visit: http://w-v-norml.org
* Every Wednesday (except Holidays), Next is March 12th * 7:00pm to 9:00pm * Want to get your Card? Need Medicine Now? Welcome to The Club! The Mercy Club, a Public Meet-Up and our MERCY Weekly TV show hosted by MERCY at 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR, 97301. * For more info, call MERCY at: 503.363-4588 –or- visit: http://mercycenters.org/Club.html
* Friday, March 14th * 7:00pm to 7:30pm * Friday Nite Live Call-In TV Show organized by MERCY-TV at CCTV in Salem, at Capital Community Television, 575 Trade St SE, Salem, Oregon, 97301 – Weekly Filming and Show. Usually (!) every Friday, excepting holidays, etc. * When happening, we start setting up at 6:30PM * call: 503.363-4588 or visit - http://mercycenters.org/tv/ - for more.
C’mon Down! MERCY-Live happens, (most!) every Friday at 7pm, on Cable Channel 23 and this is a great opportunity for folks to talk about their action and legislative items to folks in the Salem metro area. Please contact Perry at MERCY to arrange to come on down to the CCTV station in Salem and pitch your thing. Or, in the Salem area, just call 503-588-6444 between 7 – 7:30 PM and let everybody know that way.
* Saturday, March 22nd, 2pm – 4pm * Willamette Valley NORML Public meeting will be at Cozmic Pizza (probably, if available) 1601B Oak St., Eugene, OR, 97401 * W-V-NORML Public Meeting normally held 4th Saturdays * For more info on Meeting Agenda, et al, call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit: http://w-v-norml.org/meeting.html
* Friday, March 28th, at 7:30 pm * MERCY Monthly TV is filmed the last Friday of the month starting at 7:30pm at CCTV in Salem. Consider utilizing MERCY-TV Monthly, our Weekly Meetings broadcasts and/or our Friday Nite Live shows to get your message out in the Salem-metro area and beyond. MERCY Weekly TV is filmed at the Weekly meeting on Wed., 7pm at the MERCY Club in Salem. Catch MERCY-TV in the Salem area – one of several shows available - on Cable Channel 23, TUE @ 10:30 pm, THU @ 2 pm, FRI @ 11:30 am -or- SAT @ 8:30 pm. Many Thanks to CCtv and volunteers PeKe, Lance, Pat and Sam. Visit - http://mercycenters.org/tv/ - for more.
* March 30-31 * Oregon Medical Marijuana Conference at the Eugene Hilton. Are you ready for the future? Northwest Alternative Health Presents the Oregon Medical Marijuana Business Conference, an event designed to help entrepreneurs and business people prepare to do business in Oregon in a rapidly changing environment. Discussions will cover a variety of topics: understanding the new rules and regulations surrounding Oregon dispensaries; the ancillary businesses surrounding the medical cannabis industry; legislative issues that might affect the business climate of the state; updates on legal proceedings regarding local governments and their authority to limit or ban dispensaries in their respective jurisdictions, and more. For More Information Please Contact Northwest Alternative Health - 888.920.6076 – or visit >> http://www.ommbc.com/
* April 1st, 2 PM - Every 1st Tuesday of the month, Beginning Growing Class...for those that have an interest in learning how to grow Medical Marijuana. No knowledge needed. SO-NORML Resource Center, 332 W. 6th St., Medford, OR. For info, visit www.so-norml.org or call 541-779-1448.
* June-ish, 2014, 10am - 2:30pm * OMMP Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) regular meeting at a location TBA. The official public meeting notice can be found > here < This is an ADA-accessible public meeting with a public comment period at 2pm - for all who sign-up to address the ACMM and OMMP staff directly. The meeting will be live-streamed at: http://mercycenters.org/tv/ and video archived at: www.YouTube.com/MercyCenterTV * These are public meetings, so all are welcome to attend. * The Quarterly Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) is hosted by the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) – click here > http://mercycenters.org/events/Meet_OMMP.htm < for more info. * Also, you can Contact the Program at 971.673-1234 or visit the OMMP Meetings website: here <<
* MMF Compliance Seminars * Overview: Education and training for your MMF Staff! Plus, Pending Oregon Health Authority Rules and Regulations; implementation of HB-3460; Obtain valued information on the overall operations for a successful MMF; Evaluate where You are and Your Medical Marijuana Facility Stand; Written Policy...? What do you have in place? - Recognize Best Business Practices that could improve YOUR facilities operations; A fundamental understanding of the important responsibilities placed on the Person Responsible for the medical marijuana Facility; referred to as the "PRF" or the owner. An appreciation for the term "Accountable" in regards to record keeping; both hard copies and electronic forms.
Take the fear out of the unknown. MMF Audits.....It's not a question of IF. Be prepared for when! Is your staff ready to RESPOND vs. REACT to adverse situations when they happen? How the public views the cannabis industry is important! Put your best foot forward.
Networking opportunities and food is being provided. An opportunity to address questions, first hand to Paul, Bradley and Jeff. EVOLVE - CHANGE - GROW - IMPROVE - DEVELOP – SUCCESS. Reserve your seats - Call Today: 503-268-2207 - Seating is Limited and filling up fast, Tickets are only $95 (Available for $110 day of the event; Money Order, Visa, MasterCard) ProMBC Proudly Presents - Bradley Steinman, Oregon Licensed Attorney; Jeff Kucirek, Oregon Licensed Attorney and KEY NOTE SPEAKER Paul Schmidt - member of HB-3460 Rules & Advisory Board, Former DEA Colorado Department of Revenue Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division (MMED); Agent in Charge.
We hope you share our flier with others in your area. Anyone is welcome to attend the seminars. The information can assist anyone involved in the marijuana industry, from plant to patient and every place in between. Preparing for your future is why we are here! Contact: ProMBC , 9220 SW Barbur Blvd., #119-162, Portland, OR 97219, Phone - (503) 268-2207, or visit - www.prombc.com/
* See also, Class Schedule; Compassion Center - All Classes held at - Compassion Center, 2055 West 12th, Eugene OR 97402 – call: 541-484-6558, or visit - www.compassioncenter.net
* On Request * “Intro to OMMA – the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act” offers a practical explanation of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act, our rights & responsibilities, and how to apply for a card.
* On Request * “Cannabis Horticulture Q & A” is an opportunity to ask questions, stimulate discussion, or just listen to the fascinating subject of the horticultural science of Cannabis sp., with a special focus on the cultivation of medicinal cannabis.
The class costs are negotiable and is held when you want. The CAN! Education Program not only benefits patients, caregivers, and growers, but is also intended for family members, businesses, health professionals, nonprofits, and those who interact with or serve the needs of Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cardholders. Pre-registration is not required, but encouraged. CAN! Research, Education & Consulting innovates and implements phytocannabinoid research, teaches, and consults businesses and individuals on a broad range of Cannabis-related topics. CAN! Research is located in beautiful Downtown Corvallis, Oregon at 551 SW 4th Street. Contact: Todd Dalotto, CAN! Research Education & Consulting - (541) 752-9053 - CanResearch.net
* 29th - 31st of August, 2014 * CannaTrade, the international Hemp trade fair at Stadthalle Dietikon, in ZÜRICH, Switzerland * Stands: There are only a few stands available, interested firms better look sharp at registration www.cannatrade.ch, Tickets: Fair tickets are available from now on: www.starticket.ch, Programme & News: We currently inform on www.cannatrade.ch, www.facebook.com/cannatrade and send newsletters to hempsters around the world. * Contact: CannaTrade.ch AG * Monbijoustrasse 17, CH-3011 Bern, Switzerland * Tel. +41 / 31 / 398 0235, Fax +41 / 31 / 398 0236, eMail email@example.com * visit - http://cannatrade.ch/ * CannaTrade Facebook Community: - Join now CannaTrade-Facebook-Community!
* February 27th – March 2nd –ish, 2015 * International Environmental Law Conference * EMU building, Oregon University, Eugene, OR * Info on this year's Public event here >> http://pielc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2014-PIELC-Brochure-5.pdf << Willamette Valley NORML will have a table at this event as usual (somewhere around 15 years).
This Calendar of Events is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by their volunteer staff. To inquire about -or- add or maintain an event -or- idea, contact them by phone: 503.363-4588, writing to: 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR 97301 -or- by visiting: www.MercyCenters.org
And even more information to come! Bookmark this page, spread the word and stay tuned.
Comments, questions and suggestions? To communicate ideas, changes or requests for further information about these pages -or- for compliments, complaints or to report broken links with the web site in general, you can eMail the Webster. Also, feel free to visit the Guestbook and leave a note.
You are visitor # 658262! (since 4/1/2003) Thanx for stopping by. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies! This page ( /index.html ) was last modified on: Saturday, 01-Mar-2014 14:44:54 PST