Search the Net
MERCY in America; Medical Cannabis in the USA
Washington DC (District of Columbia)
The World of MERCY; Medical Cannabis around the Globe
Need to grow your own Medical Cannabis? Then you may need to
Need a Medical Cannabis Delivery Device?
ADHD Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma)
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears)
CannaButter - a cannabis-infused medicinal application
Canna-Tea - Tea, a cannabis-infused medicinal application
Ticture - a cannabis-infused medicinal application
Canasol - a cannabis-based medicine
(RSO) - Rick Simpson Oil
(GHO) - Golden, Honey Oil
Seeds - for Medical Cannabis and related info
Strains - of Medical Cannabis and related info
Click here for printable version of current month in WORD, click here for PDF.
in Oregon state and NorthWest, and beyond – 2014
see below for details
------- Action! -------
* Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 (21 days before election) * until 5pm * Voter Registration Deadline in Oregon. Call the toll-free voter information line at 1-866-ORE-VOTE (1-866-673-8683). The voter information line is available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, se habla Espanol. TTY services for the hearing impaired are available at 1-866-350-0596. “Am I Registered to Vote?” Check Your Voter Registration On-Line! Visit - https://secure.sos.state.or.us/orestar/vr/showVoterSearch.do?lang=eng&source=SOS to find out if you’re registered to vote. Voters may also call their county elections office to confirm their registration.
To receive a ballot this fall, voters must be registered no later than Oct. 14th. Voters should also re-register if their residence has changed, if their mailing address has changed, if their name has changed or if their signature has changed. The signature on a voter registration card is used to validate their mail-in ballots. Additional voting resources are also available online at the Elections Division website; visit: www.sos.state.or.us/elections/elechp.htm. Then * first Tuesday, November 4th 2014 General Election this year * til the Polls close * Vote! in Oregon. Read the Voting in Oregon Guide http://www.oregonvotes.gov/pages/voterresources/regtovote/index.html. Get to the link and others by visiting: http://www.oregonvotes.gov/
------- Events & Activities -------
* Friday, September 5th * 7:00pm to 7:30pm * Friday Nite Live Call-In TV Show organized by MERCY-TV at CCTV in Salem, at Capital Community Television, 575 Trade St SE, Salem, Oregon, 97301 – Weekly Filming and Show. Usually (!) every Friday, excepting holidays, etc. * When happening, we start setting up at 6:30PM * call: 503.363-4588 or visit - http://mercycenters.org/tv/ - for more.
C’mon Down! MERCY-Live happens, (most!) every Friday at 7pm, on Cable Channel 23 and this is a great opportunity for folks to talk about their action and legislative items to folks in the Salem metro area. Please contact Perry at MERCY to arrange to come on down to the CCTV station in Salem and pitch your thing. Or, in the Salem area, just call 503-588-6444 between 7 – 7:30 PM and let everybody know that way.
* September 5 – 6, 2014 * Oregon Medical Marijuana Cup in Portland, at: Portland Expo Center * Free event featuring education, food, music and guest speaking seminars. * Contact Oregon Cannabis Convention at 971.388-4392 or visit: http://OregonCannabisConvention.com
* September 13 - 14, 2014 * The International Cannabis Business Conference in the Portland Ballroom at the Oregon Convention Center * The ICBC is bringing in cannabis experts from around the globe to create an educational and networking opportunity unlike any other conference of its kind. The two day ICBC experience includes cutting edge business, legal and political information while also providing an array of networking social events. Whether you are a grower, processor, dispensary owner, involved in a cannabis-related endeavor or just curious about entering the cannabis industry, you will find the ICBC engaging and entertaining and leave with valuable knowledge to take your respective business to the next level. You do not want to miss this world class cannabis business conference! * Contact ICBC Organizers at 888-920-6076 or visit: http://InternationalCBC.com
* Every Monday (usually), next is September 8th * 7:30PM – 9PM * Eugene’s Cannabis T.V. Show filming in Eugene, at: Community TV 29 Studio behind Sheldon High School * If you're interested in helping produce a weekly half-hour cable access TV show in the Studios of Community Television 29 in Eugene, Oregon educating the public on Cannabis issues come on by. * Contact Dan Koozer, Producer – ECTV at 541.517-0957 or visit: http://w-v-norml.org
* September 9 - 11, 2014 * Colorado's First CME Certified Conference on Cannabis Medicine * Denver, CO * Conference Venue: Sherman St. Events Center, 1770 Sherman St., Denver, CO. Phone: 720-588-3737 –or- visit: http://mmjfordoctors.com/ * Read more >>
* Every Wednesday (except Holidays), Next is September 10th * 7:00pm to 9:00pm * Want to get your Card? Need Medicine Now? Welcome to The Club! The Mercy Club, a Public Meet-Up and our simulcasted Weekly TV show hosted by MERCY at 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR, 97301. * For more info, call MERCY at: 503.363-4588 –or- visit: http://mercycenters.org/Club.html
* September 24, 2014, 10am - 2:30pm * OMMP Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) regular meeting at Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St, Conference Room 1-E, Portland, OR 97232. The official public meeting notice can be found > here < This is an ADA-accessible public meeting with a public comment period at 2pm - for all who sign-up to address the ACMM and OMMP staff directly. MERCY-TV will attempt to live-stream at: http://mercycenters.org/tv/ and video capture and archive at: www.YouTube.com/MercyCenterTV * These are public meetings, so all are welcome to attend. * The Quarterly Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) is hosted by the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) – click here > http://mercycenters.org/events/Meet_OMMP.htm < for more info. * Also, you can Contact the Program at 971.673-1234 or visit the OMMP Meetings website: here <<
* Friday, September 26th, at 7:30 pm * MERCY Monthly TV is filmed the last Friday of the month starting at 7:30pm at CCTV in Salem. Consider utilizing MERCY-TV Monthly, our Weekly Meetings broadcasts and/or our Friday Nite Live shows to get your message out in the Salem-metro area and beyond. MERCY Weekly TV is filmed at the Weekly meeting on Wed., 7pm at the MERCY Club in Salem. Catch MERCY-TV in the Salem area – one of several shows available - on Cable Channel 23, TUE @ 10:30 pm, THU @ 2 pm, FRI @ 11:30 am -or- SAT @ 8:30 pm. Many Thanks to CCtv and volunteers PeKe, Lance, Pat and Sam. Visit - http://mercycenters.org/tv/ - for more.
* Saturday, September 27th, 2pm – 4pm * Willamette Valley NORML Public meeting will be at 3831 Main Street, Springfield, Oregon 97477. Special thanks to the People's Wellness Center (just behind the center staircase) for their hospitality. Accessible by LTD Bus Route 11. Ample Parking. Bring a chair or two if you can. * W-V-NORML Public Meeting normally held 4th Saturdays * For more info on Meeting Agenda, et al, call: 541.517-0957 –or- visit: http://w-v-norml.org/meeting.html
* Saturday, September 27 - 28, 2014 - 10AM to 9PM * HempStalk will happen in Portland, Oregon. * at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, SE Naito Pkwy. and SE Hawthorne Blvd. * The reason marijuana is illegal has very little to do with drugs, and is really about money and the continued centralization of economic and political control. Hemp seed oil is biodiesel and is three times more productive than any other seed oil crop, and hemp seed oil will run any diesel engine today with no modification. Hemp oil is the reason the petrochemical industry made up the "reefer madness" myth. They renamed hemp, using racist propaganda, calling it marijuana, and lied to make it illegal. There is a truth that must be heard! That's what the Hempstalk Festival is all about. To find out more about HempStalk, visit: http://hempstalk.org/ *
* October 27 – 29, 2014 * NACP Inaugural Cannabis Pharmaceutical Scientific & Medical Congress * Arlington, VA * The venue is the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, 2800 South Potomac Ave, Arlington, VA, 22202. NOTE: It is an invitation-only event. At NACP’s Inaugural Cannabis Pharmaceutical Scientific & Medical Congress, subject matter experts, key opinion leaders and regulators will present data regarding the listing of cannabis as a Schedule I narcotic under the Controlled Substances Act.
Leading scientific, medical, and legal experts with expertise in cannabis medicines will present evidence either in support or against the rescheduling of cannabis in order to foster meaningful discussion regarding the long-term national debate on the value of cannabis-based medicines and the future of the endocannabinoid system. Key findings will be published in Journal of the National Association of Cannabis Pharmacy (JNACP). Read more >>
* December 10, 2014, 10am - 2:30pm * OMMP Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) regular meeting at Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St, Conference Room 1-E, Portland, OR 97232. The official public meeting notice can be found > here < This is an ADA-accessible public meeting with a public comment period at 2pm - for all who sign-up to address the ACMM and OMMP staff directly. MERCY-TV will attempt to live-stream at: http://mercycenters.org/tv/ and video capture and archive at: www.YouTube.com/MercyCenterTV * These are public meetings, so all are welcome to attend. * The Quarterly Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana (ACMM) is hosted by the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) – click here > http://mercycenters.org/events/Meet_OMMP.htm < for more info. * Also, you can Contact the Program at 971.673-1234 or visit the OMMP Meetings website: here <<
* NOTE: On Monday, March 3, 2014 at 8:30 a.m., the Oregon Health Authority began accepting applications from individuals who wish to register and operate a medical marijuana dispensary in Oregon. IMPORTANT NOTE! Applications will only be accepted through the online system that will be live at > mmj.oregon.gov < Please check here >> http://mercycenters.org/orgs/MMF_OR.html << regularly for more details, updates or to sign up to join an e-mail list to receive updates by e-mail.
------- Action! -------
* MMF Compliance Seminars * Overview: Education and training for your MMF Staff! Plus, Pending Oregon Health Authority Rules and Regulations; implementation of HB-3460; Obtain valued information on the overall operations for a successful MMF; Evaluate where You are and Your Medical Marijuana Facility Stand; Written Policy...? What do you have in place? - Recognize Best Business Practices that could improve YOUR facilities operations; A fundamental understanding of the important responsibilities placed on the Person Responsible for the medical marijuana Facility; referred to as the "PRF" or the owner. An appreciation for the term "Accountable" in regards to record keeping; both hard copies and electronic forms.
Take the fear out of the unknown. MMF Audits.....It's not a question of IF. Be prepared for when! Is your staff ready to RESPOND vs. REACT to adverse situations when they happen? How the public views the cannabis industry is important! Put your best foot forward.
Networking opportunities and food is being provided. An opportunity to address questions, first hand to Paul, Bradley and Jeff. EVOLVE - CHANGE - GROW - IMPROVE - DEVELOP – SUCCESS. Reserve your seats - Call Today: 503-268-2207 - Seating is Limited and filling up fast, Tickets are only $95 (Available for $110 day of the event; Money Order, Visa, MasterCard) ProMBC Proudly Presents - Bradley Steinman, Oregon Licensed Attorney; Jeff Kucirek, Oregon Licensed Attorney and KEY NOTE SPEAKER Paul Schmidt - member of HB-3460 Rules & Advisory Board, Former DEA Colorado Department of Revenue Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division (MMED); Agent in Charge.
We hope you share our flier with others in your area. Anyone is welcome to attend the seminars. The information can assist anyone involved in the marijuana industry, from plant to patient and every place in between. Preparing for your future is why we are here! Contact: ProMBC , 9220 SW Barbur Blvd., #119-162, Portland, OR 97219, Phone - (503) 268-2207, or visit - www.prombc.com/
* Are you ready for the future? Northwest Alternative Health Presented the Oregon Medical Marijuana Business Conference, an event designed to help entrepreneurs and business people prepare to do business in Oregon in a rapidly changing environment. Discussions covered a variety of topics: understanding the new rules and regulations surrounding Oregon dispensaries; the ancillary businesses surrounding the medical cannabis industry; legislative issues that might affect the business climate of the state; updates on legal proceedings regarding local governments and their authority to limit or ban dispensaries in their respective jurisdictions, and more. For More Information Please Contact Northwest Alternative Health - 888.920.6076 – or visit >> http://www.ommbc.com/
* See also, Class Schedule; Compassion Center - All Classes held at - Compassion Center, 2055 West 12th, Eugene OR 97402 – call: 541-484-6558, or visit - www.compassioncenter.net
* On Request * “Intro to OMMA – the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act” offers a practical explanation of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act, our rights & responsibilities, and how to apply for a card.
* On Request * “Cannabis Horticulture Q & A” is an opportunity to ask questions, stimulate discussion, or just listen to the fascinating subject of the horticultural science of Cannabis sp., with a special focus on the cultivation of medicinal cannabis.
The class costs are negotiable and is held when you want. The CAN! Education Program not only benefits patients, caregivers, and growers, but is also intended for family members, businesses, health professionals, nonprofits, and those who interact with or serve the needs of Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cardholders. Pre-registration is not required, but encouraged. CAN! Research, Education & Consulting innovates and implements phytocannabinoid research, teaches, and consults businesses and individuals on a broad range of Cannabis-related topics. CAN! Research is located in beautiful Downtown Corvallis, Oregon at 551 SW 4th Street. Contact: Todd Dalotto, CAN! Research Education & Consulting - (541) 752-9053 - CanResearch.net
------- more Events & Activities -------
* TBA, 2015 * 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm * Emerald Empire HempFest Volunteer Meetings. Location: Maurie Jacobs Park, Eugene, OR * Meet near the bathrooms, which are near the soccer field. Look for the MJ flag. Bring a friend or 2 and a chair or two please. * Contact: Dan Koozer, Emerald Empire HempFest, Voice Phone Number (541) 517-0957, FAX Number - (888) 420-1819 * Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org * Website URL – www.EmeraldEmpireHempfest.com
* February 27th – March 2nd –ish, 2015 * International Environmental Law Conference * EMU building, Oregon University, Eugene, OR * Info on this year's Public event here >> http://pielc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2014-PIELC-Brochure-5.pdf << Willamette Valley NORML will have a table at this event as usual (somewhere around 15 years).
* (first) Saturday (in) May 2nd, 2015 * Marches for Global Cannabis Liberation * Also known as the Million Marijuana Marches, this Action is happening in Salem, Eugene, Portland - Oregon and hundreds of cities around the World. Check your local listings. Salem plan: MERCY will assemble for this event, starting at 11am, at the far end of the mall across from the steps of the Capital Building, Salem, Oregon on first Saturday in May, annually and March at High Noon. Officially, the intersection of Summer and Center streets. At High Noon (sharp!) we March, Visit - http://mercycenters.org/events/MMM.html - for map and more.
Eugene: The W-V-NORML / CanLibSoc / EEH / ECTV Coalition will assemble 10:30am, at the FSP (Free Speech Plaza), 8th & Oak, The march ends at the old Federal Courthouse Plaza at 7th & Pearl for the Rally with speakers & information Booths. The speakers last year included: Brian Michaels a prominent Criminal Defense Lawyer practicing in Oregon with extensive experience in Marijuana cases. Contact: Willamette Valley NORML (Eugene chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws), 1863 Pioneer Pkwy E #624, Springfield, OR 97477 * www.willamettevalleyNORML.org
Portland: Oregon NORML usually gathers in Pioneer Courthouse Square to march at High Noon through downtown Portland, accompanied by a police escort. To volunteer or for questions about the march and rally, please call the Oregon NORML message line at 503-239-6110 or visit http://www.ornorml.org.
Medford: For info, visit www.so-norml.org or call 541-779-1448.
Visit: http://mercycenters.org/events/MMM.html for more on local action and updated full list.
* April, 2015 * The 9th National Clinical Conference On Cannabis Therapeutics, Jointly sponsored by Patients Out of Time and the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, location Tallahassee, FLA. NOTE! To NURSEs and other Medical Professionals - Continuing Medical Education credits available! CMEs from USCF; also CEUs for RNs, LVNs, MFTs and Reg.P./pharm.D. Last NCCCT was in Portland, more information on the conference agenda, faculty, and how to obtain Continuing Education credits is available at: http://www.medicalcannabis.com/clinical-conferences/2014-portland-or/ * For more on Conferences thru Patients Out of Time visit >> http://www.medicalcannabis.com/Clinical-Conferences/
* (Third week-end in) July 18-19-20-ish, 2015 * Fri - Sun * The Emerald Empire Hempfest will be, as usual, on the third week-end in July (the w/e after the Oregon Country Fair) It happens every year, generally on Friday: High Noon - 10:00p, Saturday: 10 AM - 10:00p, Sunday: 10 AM - 8 PM in Eugene at Maurie Jacobs Park, Eugene, OR, 97402 (navigational devices use the address 130 Fir Lane –or- 400 N Polk St), across from the Valley River shopping center at the end of the footbridge over the Willamette River. As always FREE TO THE PUBLIC / ALL AGES WELCOME in order to educate the general public about the plant Cannabis (HEMP). For more CONTACT: Dan Koozer at 541-517-0957 * FAX: 888-420-1755 * or Email Address email@example.com * Website URL www.EmeraldEmpireHempfest.com
* August 2 – 3-ish, 2015 * Sat. & Sun., 10am-ish * The MERCiful Ultimate Louisiana Party (MULP), a Fundraising Event featuring Henry Turner Jr (HTJR) and Ultimate Louisiana Party with Catfish, Red Beans, Rice and more * Music, Food, Activism, plus at Bear Creek Saloon, 40598 Cole School Rd, Scio, Oregon, 97374 * Events begins High Noon, HTJr goes on at 3pm, Party til we’re pooped. $5 donation will be begged for early and probably often, so consider yourselves warned. For details see - http://mercycenters.org/events/MULP.html - For more on MERCY, call: 503.363-4588 * for more on Scio's Bear Creek Saloon (BCS), to Discover Events, Shows > more Scio Venues > visit Zvents - www.zvents.com/scio_or/venues/show/9557225-bear-creek-saloon *
* 29th - 31st-ish of August, 2015 * CannaTrade, the international Hemp trade fair at Stadthalle Dietikon, in ZÜRICH, Switzerland * Stands: There are only a few stands available, interested firms better look sharp at registration www.cannatrade.ch, Tickets: Fair tickets are available from now on: www.starticket.ch, Programme & News: We currently inform on www.cannatrade.ch, www.facebook.com/cannatrade and send newsletters to hempsters around the world. * Contact: CannaTrade.ch AG * Monbijoustrasse 17, CH-3011 Bern, Switzerland * Tel. +41 / 31 / 398 0235, Fax +41 / 31 / 398 0236, eMail firstname.lastname@example.org * visit - http://cannatrade.ch/ * CannaTrade Facebook Community: - Join now CannaTrade-Facebook-Community!
This Calendar of Events is a Public Service provided by MERCY - the Medical Cannabis Resource Center - and is maintained by their volunteer staff. To inquire about -or- add or maintain an event -or- idea, contact them by phone: 503.363-4588, writing to: 1745 Capital St NE, Salem, OR 97301 -or- by visiting: www.MercyCenters.org
And even more information to come! Bookmark this page, spread the word and stay tuned.
Comments, questions and suggestions? To communicate ideas, changes or requests for further information about these pages -or- for compliments, complaints or to report broken links with the web site in general, you can eMail the Webster. Also, feel free to visit the Guestbook and leave a note.
You are visitor # 760047! (since 4/1/2003) Thanx for stopping by. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies! This page ( /index.html ) was last modified on: Wednesday, 05-Nov-2014 08:21:08 PST